cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Ebay Guaranteed shipping............

69 REPLIES 69

Re: New Ebay Guaranteed shipping............

I've said this before and will say it again, KUDOS to ALL SELLERS who sell here on eBay.  I am not sure how in the he double L hockey sticks can any carrier guarantee delivery.  I remember my son sent something to his father in Philly (we are in Northern New Jersey) Express Mail "Guaranteed" overnight delivery.  His father was not home when the USPS attempted delivery and that was the reason as to why he was not refunded the cost of shipping, because "there was no answer."  I am SMDH.

For a few past items that I purchased, the estimated delivery time was not met.  One due to the PO and the other was because the seller did not ship it until 4 days after the estimated delivery date.

I have always have "one day handling" time way before eBay started.  You pay, I ship the next day, on eBay, etsy, and on FB.  I will not opt in and if it forced, then I will not sell here any longer, not that I do much selling here anyway due to the loopsided policies in re: seller v. buyer; allowing buyers to have their way like 2 yr olds 

SMDH 

Message 46 of 70
latest reply

@swenson8781 wrote:

Ironically, I order from Walmart, Kohls, JCP, and eBay a few times a month.  Amazon, rarely.  I will say that for ALL of those sites, eBay has the quickest delivery times.  Since quite a few sellers already use Priority USPS (and have a 1 day handling time if they are TRS), I guess I'm not sure what's different really?  Just simply advertising it that way?  

I'm glad to see it's voluntary...at least for now.  I use Priority for most items, and to stay as a TRS I have one day handling, so it looks like my items will arrive within the 2-3 day time frame currently.  If they put sellers into the program based on that, I'd be upping my handling time and ditching the TRS 'discount' for sure!  Not interested in paying out of my pocket for possible usps delays.

I am a member of Amazon Prime. (not for much longer, will never make that mistake again lol) I have never gotten a Prime eligible item in two days. I've gotten them in three, but the majority come in four or five. 

My fastest packages generally come from Ebay or Walmart.

I love you forever, Christie! Fly high, precious daughter 1/14/1987-12/20/2016
Message 47 of 70
latest reply

Another quote from that article:

For the first time, eBay's shoppers will be able to filter searches to see only items guaranteed to arrive in one, two or three days.

I can't wait to try that search. Technically, shouldn't it bring up sellers ONLY in the U.S.?  Yeah, like that's going to happen.  Ahuh.

“It took me quite a long time to develop a voice, and now that I have it, I am not going to be silent” ― Madeleine K. Albright

Great! 45.8% down over the same time last year with 2x+ items listed. Are you impressed? I'm certainly not!
Message 48 of 70
latest reply

If not enough folks opt in, I wonder if it will become mandatory? Say, about the time of the Fall Seller Updates for the Holiday Season?

For some reason I was thinking the same thing. 

To comment on other posts, the search filter may serve to eliminate China shippers and their dropshippers  since their delivery time is typically 15 days.  Of course, they can lie.  I find it hard to imagine that any self respecting  China seller/dropshipper is going to PAY to rent warehouse space from ebay in the US.  That would require US postage instead of the 5 cents for the e-packet.  

Message 49 of 70
latest reply

"If a guaranteed item arrives late, the buyer can request to have their cost of shipping refunded. If the shipping was free, then the buyer can receive a coupon to be used towards their next eBay purchase. Alternatively, the buyer can choose to return the item at no cost."

Since shipping is never free, who pays the return shipping costs?  Does not meeting the guarantee open sellers up to a SNAD where they have to pay for the return?

Message 50 of 70
latest reply

@fern*wood wrote:

"If a guaranteed item arrives late, the buyer can request to have their cost of shipping refunded. If the shipping was free, then the buyer can receive a coupon to be used towards their next eBay purchase. Alternatively, the buyer can choose to return the item at no cost."

Since shipping is never free, who pays the return shipping costs?  Does not meeting the guarantee open sellers up to a SNAD where they have to pay for the return?

You can already file SNAD on someting that didn't arrive by the estimated date, so that's nothing new.

But even regular Priority mail is 1-4 days according to USPS, not including your handling time, so the only way to get guaranteed 1-3 day delivery is like I said above - Fed Ex/UPS next, second, or 3 day.

Hi all, 

If you have any questions you would like to ask us about this topic, please use our new dedicated thread to do so. 

Thanks. 

Message 52 of 70
latest reply

@llllady wrote:

Another quote from that article:

For the first time, eBay's shoppers will be able to filter searches to see only items guaranteed to arrive in one, two or three days.

I can't wait to try that search. Technically, shouldn't it bring up sellers ONLY in the U.S.?  Yeah, like that's going to happen.  Ahuh.

I'm sure there will be millions of "speshul" sellers who will get a pass on that requirement  Smiley Frustrated

I love you forever, Christie! Fly high, precious daughter 1/14/1987-12/20/2016
Message 53 of 70
latest reply

@llllady wrote:

@gracieallen01 wrote:

Yes, more sellers may be extending their handling times (though, handling and shipping are different, aren't they).  

But ....

.... what about ebay giving out shipping times that aren't 'real world' accurate, as has been their wont in the past?

Since I generally sell heavier stuff, Parcel and Priority options are usually offered.  If you opt into this garbage, it pretty much forces you into Priority only, and even that is a stretch when you are on one of the coasts.  Three days to Zone 8...if there are no mess ups in the USPS system, and that could cost you $5.  The way eBay has been in the race to the bottom, $5 can be more than your net on the sale to begin with, now they want you to go in the hole? 

Leads to another, "What were they thinking" question.

You know some buyers will get good at timing it just right so their packages is likely to be late.  If you can't wait one extra day to get your item, then maybe you shouldn't order it off the net. 

Message 54 of 70
latest reply

@megadestroyers wrote:

Unless..........

Much like their announcement of an authentication offshoot, eBay plans to privatize their deliveries?  Little red/blue/yellow/green trucks looking like bad Skittles commercials running around neighborhoods everywhere ( brown already taken)?   Maybe FedeBayXUnknown.jpeg0315ebay.jpg

Message 55 of 70
latest reply

ebay can call their new delivery service FedUps
Message 56 of 70
latest reply

@community_team wrote:

Hi all, 

If you have any questions you would like to ask us about this topic, please use our new dedicated thread to do so. 

Thanks. 

@community_team

That would be great ... if somebody was actually answering the questions in that thread 😞

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 57 of 70
latest reply

@fortys-tech-n-stuff wrote:

@llllady wrote:

@gracieallen01 wrote:

Yes, more sellers may be extending their handling times (though, handling and shipping are different, aren't they).  

But ....

.... what about ebay giving out shipping times that aren't 'real world' accurate, as has been their wont in the past?

Since I generally sell heavier stuff, Parcel and Priority options are usually offered.  If you opt into this garbage, it pretty much forces you into Priority only, and even that is a stretch when you are on one of the coasts.  Three days to Zone 8...if there are no mess ups in the USPS system, and that could cost you $5.  The way eBay has been in the race to the bottom, $5 can be more than your net on the sale to begin with, now they want you to go in the hole? 

Leads to another, "What were they thinking" question.

You know some buyers will get good at timing it just right so their packages is likely to be late.  If you can't wait one extra day to get your item, then maybe you shouldn't order it off the net. 

But but but ... my new kidney is 20.00 cheaper on here than enywhere else!

@penguins_dont_fly wrote:

@community_team wrote:

Hi all, 

Thanks. 

@community_team

That would be great ... if somebody was actually answering the questions in that thread 😞

@penguins_dont_fly

Pengy, Alan posted a little bit ago.  They've collected up the comments, and they're going to reply in ONE POST SHORTLY.  (Thank God...he didn't say SOON!) 

“It took me quite a long time to develop a voice, and now that I have it, I am not going to be silent” ― Madeleine K. Albright

Great! 45.8% down over the same time last year with 2x+ items listed. Are you impressed? I'm certainly not!
Message 59 of 70
latest reply

@d-k_treasures wrote:

But but but ... my new kidney is 20.00 cheaper on here than enywhere else!

Since we're in a race to the bottom on eBay, I'll sell you one of mine for $3.00.  Now I just have to hope that a Chinese seller doesn't come along and offer you one for $0.99 with free shipping. 

Message 60 of 70
latest reply