cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Ebay Guaranteed shipping............

69 REPLIES 69

Love this part:

Under the new eBay program, if a product doesn't arrive in the guaranteed time, both eBay and the seller will chip in to refund shipping costs. If an item was shipped for free, eBay and the seller will provide an eBay coupon, expected to be $5, Lawton said. Two-thirds of the products on eBay include free shipping, according to the company.

Translation: Not only will the seller pay, but all sellers will ultimately pay with higher fees (i.e., loss of 10% TRS discount, inreased selling fees from 9% to 9.15%).  Yep, once again, eBay will be out-of-pocket for NOTHING. 

No wonder eBay is helping the Chinese set up warehouses here...

“It took me quite a long time to develop a voice, and now that I have it, I am not going to be silent” ― Madeleine K. Albright

Great! 45.8% down over the same time last year with 2x+ items listed. Are you impressed? I'm certainly not!
Message 2 of 70
latest reply

Just means more sellers extending their handling times to cover any mishaps out of their control, and higher shipping fees.  Ebay just cannot aim anywhere but their own feet it seems.  Instead of being positive, all they do is 'negativize' their sellers.

Message 3 of 70
latest reply

@baggs-2017 wrote:

Just means more sellers extending their handling times to cover any mishaps out of their control, and higher shipping fees.  Ebay just cannot aim anywhere but their own feet it seems.  Instead of being positive, all they do is 'negativize' their sellers.

Yep.  BTW, 2 points for the word "negativize"! 🙂

“It took me quite a long time to develop a voice, and now that I have it, I am not going to be silent” ― Madeleine K. Albright

Great! 45.8% down over the same time last year with 2x+ items listed. Are you impressed? I'm certainly not!
Message 4 of 70
latest reply

eBay and the seller will provide an eBay coupon

translation - eBay will provide a coupon an d bill the seller for it.

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 5 of 70
latest reply

Yes, more sellers may be extending their handling times (though, handling and shipping are different, aren't they).  

But ....

.... what about ebay giving out shipping times that aren't 'real world' accurate, as has been their wont in the past?

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 6 of 70
latest reply

snip "For the first time, eBay's shoppers will be able to filter searches to see only items guaranteed to arrive in one, two or three days."

One more way to hide some sellers listings.

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 7 of 70
latest reply

@gracieallen01 wrote:

Yes, more sellers may be extending their handling times (though, handling and shipping are different, aren't they).  

But ....

.... what about ebay giving out shipping times that aren't 'real world' accurate, as has been their wont in the past?

Since I generally sell heavier stuff, Parcel and Priority options are usually offered.  If you opt into this garbage, it pretty much forces you into Priority only, and even that is a stretch when you are on one of the coasts.  Three days to Zone 8...if there are no mess ups in the USPS system, and that could cost you $5.  The way eBay has been in the race to the bottom, $5 can be more than your net on the sale to begin with, now they want you to go in the hole? 

Leads to another, "What were they thinking" question.

Message 8 of 70
latest reply

And we have to read about this announcement somewhere OTHER than on ebay?

98% of what I buy on here is antique. I'd rather the seller take a few days to pack properly and ship it than having to meet some stupid new way to attempt to compete with amazon.

I do not use ebay shipping, and that prevents ebay from giving my buyers an unrealistic dream of when their item will arrive.  They have no history or anything to base their estimated delivery date on BUT my shipping carrier + my quoted handling time.  

But if you use their shipping and God forbid you ship early once or twice, they will then end up giving your buyers that view your listings an estimate of when your items have been shipping and arriving, and NOT going by what is in your listing.

Never ship early because then you get penalized if you start shipping on time per your listing. Sounds ridiculous, but that is what ebay does.  And they are ALWAYS the good cop.

Message 10 of 70
latest reply

"It's worth noting, though, that this eBay announcement doesn't actually speed up deliveries on the site. Many professional sellers on eBay have already been providing these faster deliveries, in some cases for years. eBay, which says 63 percent of packages sold through its site arrive in three days or less, has been offering customers more conservative delivery estimates because it doesn't ship directly."

laughter9.gif

I just love a good Monday morning belly laugh! That has to be the funniest lie I've ever read.

I love you forever, Christie! Fly high, precious daughter 1/14/1987-12/20/2016
Message 11 of 70
latest reply

Very Interesting...!

Message 12 of 70
latest reply

I read that and still didn't believe that I actually read that.

@baggs-2017 wrote:

I do not use ebay shipping, and that prevents ebay from giving my buyers an unrealistic dream of when their item will arrive.  They have no history or anything to base their estimated delivery date on BUT my shipping carrier + my quoted handling time.  

But if you use their shipping and God forbid you ship early once or twice, they will then end up giving your buyers that view your listings an estimate of when your items have been shipping and arriving, and NOT going by what is in your listing.

Never ship early because then you get penalized if you start shipping on time per your listing. Sounds ridiculous, but that is what ebay does.  And they are ALWAYS the good cop.

Yes, but how is that going to guarantee that ebay is going to give an accurate 'shipping' time?  (If they don't know, do they guess?)

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 14 of 70
latest reply

Now we are getting some specks why the slow sales across the board...big and small...rich and poor...folks this is it...drones...new items...up coming...!!!

Message 15 of 70
latest reply