cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New All-Time Low-No Replies Needed

I have reached a new all-time low, one sale in the past 14 days, I know the cheerleaders are going to say it's my fault, my inventory, my this, my that, BLAH BLAH BLAH, & to those I say you are Very Wrong!, This has become a pitiful place to try & conduct your own business under someone else's rule of thumb!, It's really a shame, This is not the ebay I signed up with, promising to Help you build your business, Now they do everything but!, Empty Promises, Comment if you want, I may not comment back, What I do know is when it is time to renew my store,I will not, & In fact I may just shut down completely & box it all up & take a nice long Hiatus from this Maniacal Madness!

Message 1 of 298
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@kenneth686321 wrote:

I find these posts fascinating. You spend dozens of pages whining about Ebay screwing you over and yet you still sell here why??  

Its like eating at a bad restaurant with bad food and service, complaining about it and yet for some reason coming back to eat day after day after day when there are other restaurants close by.  Why??

Wow....No its not like that at all

Loss is a process, not a one day sales are bad thing so THATS IT, I'M DONE - And this is loss - Loss of time, loss of goals, loss of plans, loss of clients, etc etc - Loss of the life you once knew...

Its like eating at a restaurant that you dearly love/loved that started slowly going downhill - Offering you just enough to keep you coming and yet continuing to disappoint - Your hopes are they see whats going wrong and start to make changes that will again make you happy when you step through the doors - Then one day you simply realize the new management teams over the years never had a clue as to what made the restaurant good in the first place so you finally bid a bittersweet farewell realizing the dream is gone...

Its like a good marriage gone bad with the hopes things will get good again - but after too much wishful thinking you cut ties - part ways - continue on your pursuit of happiness... I'm sure you'll find it @meme6253

View Best Answer in original post

Message 59 of 298
latest reply
297 REPLIES 297

@meme6253 

Sorry for your frustration, Meme.  Many of us are feeling the struggles of low sales.  Your shop is very nice and you present it well with your photos, etc.  All I can say is it's your choice.  I certainly hope you'll still chime in here on the forum should you choose to exit.  

Have a better day 🙂

Message 2 of 298
latest reply

yeah its pretty bad right now , i am down over 80% this month so far , compared to the same time last years , last month i was down well over 40% , something happened the beginning of march and has not returned ... I sell a lot locally  now, in fact i am now ending more listings on ebay( due to selling it locally ) then selling on ebay , list in many places ( including ebay as i get a sale every 3to 4 days now ), its time to adjust ..there are many platforms to choose from these days , my feeling is if it sells quicker else where , ebay missed out .... times are changing ... good luck 

Message 3 of 298
latest reply

Finally obtaining some great new inventory over the weekend sure doesn't hurt.  We've had the busiest last three days in years.  I know it will end soon and I'll be back to having lots of board time. 😃

Message 4 of 298
latest reply

@meme6253 wrote:

In fact I may just shut down completely & box it all up & take a nice long Hiatus from this Maniacal Madness!

No you won't. You've been talking about shutting down your store and quitting for two years but you are still here.

Message 5 of 298
latest reply

Have you tried running some markdown sales? Or Promos with FS or order discounts?

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 6 of 298
latest reply

I kinda look at the weather...it's been pretty bad in the midwest and east coast as well as Texas...so my sales are down as well to almost nothing.

But it has given me free time to enjoy the weather on the west coast.

And I am able to list new items.

eBay was never meant to be a place to have as a full time job instead of a real job...just to sell a few items.

Message 7 of 298
latest reply

Hi,  You have a lot of time with EBay under your belt & you have likely put plenty of hard work into it.  I would respectfully suggest that that you hang in there for a bit.  Lots of sellers are struggling just now.  It would seem somewhat silly to simply "Throw In The Towel" when you have so much invested.  IMHO of-course.  I think that things will get better.  Good Luck!!  (J.B.)

Message 8 of 298
latest reply

I feel your pain. I have been on ebay for 24 years and I have seen the ups and downs and the crazy changes that never made any sense.  The last CEO was one of the worst with all the scandals and the current one basically tells the shareholders what they want to hear. Every spring and fall the "update" makes me cringe.  I personally have decided to take the summer months off from ebay and this board to enjoy life. Life is way to short to deal with the stress of working for ebay . In October, I will be in a financial position to say goodbye to this madness and do the things that give me pleasure.  Meme6253, I wish you the best of luck.

Message 9 of 298
latest reply

@12345jamesstamps 

I agree! Weather has been horrible.  No mail delivery again yesterday due to it.  Fist size hail this morning up here in KC.  My nice flowers and bird feeder were clobbered! ☹️

Message 10 of 298
latest reply

This is the common theme among other forums I frequent as well. No it's not the economy.

People still spend, people are still eating out, people are still leasing cars they can't afford. People are still buying houses. Whether they can afford it or not, doesn't matter. THey are still spending using credit or welfare, inheritance or whatever.

eBay's common theme comes down to their little fickle algorithm and AI bots. Whoever decided to go this route and thinks it is good should re-evaluate their IQ level.

What many people say, start using other platforms if you can to offload. eBay is not the place where you can rely on it for your only source. 

Message 11 of 298
latest reply

I’ve been here since 1996. Even back then (and every year since), the summer months slow quite a bit… the “up and down” nature of eBay.

Posting and telling people to not reply is immature and silly. It’s a public forum. 

CONSERVITVS  •  Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay member since: 1996

Message 12 of 298
latest reply

Sorry about your slow sales.  It looks to me buyers are shopping more at the "bargain basement" part of the store than at the showroom floor part right now.  They expect big discounts and super low prices, but that's just my thinking.  I can't offer the lowest price, but sometimes a discount is in order. You may consider providing a discount or sale price to buyers (if you do not offer already).

You have nice pictures and stuff, but it's not my area of expertise, so I cannot comment about what is selling and the pricing.

Message 13 of 298
latest reply

Did you not read the title? "No Replies Needed

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 14 of 298
latest reply

I feel your pain.

Collapsing of the categories and the non-logical “everything but the kitchen sink” search engine have really hurt sellers in our categories.  I say this as an eBay buyer as well as a seller.

Economy is not helping.

You have a great store!  Store DOOR links need to go BACK into the listings. As a buyer, if I find a great listing, I just want to click on the seller’s store and browse, NOT “see more listings”, and it’s no longer easy or intuitive.

Anyway, know you were just blowing off steam, but I’m very sympathetic. 

Message 15 of 298
latest reply