cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New (0) feedback buyer purchase 4 items using 4 different eBay id's all shipping to the same address

I have never had this happen before. I just had a brand new (0) feedback buyer purchase 4 of my BIN listings using 4 brand new (0) feedback user ID's and all of them show the same shipping address and buyer.

I am trying to contact them but they haven't responded as of yet.

Has anyone ever had this happen and what would you do?

Message 1 of 38
latest reply
37 REPLIES 37

Re: New (0) feedback buyer purchase 4 items using 4 different eBay id's all shipping to the same add

@sextons-sweet-deals wrote:

this is what shows for guest account:

How to buy as a guest on eBay

Once you’ve found an item you’d like to buy, you can go to checkout to complete your purchase. Here's how:

1. Select Buy It Now on the listing.
  2. Select Check out as guest.
  3. Fill in your shipping address, email address, and payment information.
  4. Select Confirm and pay.

You can buy without an eBay account as long as:

• The item costs less than $5,000
  • The item can be purchased using Buy It Now. If you want to bid on an auction or send a Best Offer to a seller, you’ll need an eBay account
  • You pay for the item using PayPal, credit card, debit card, Apple Pay, or Google Pay

Yes, they do that for each order they place.

Have a great day
Message 31 of 38
latest reply

Re: New (0) feedback buyer purchase 4 items using 4 different eBay id's all shipping to the same add

Yes, they are quest buyers... I have one quest buyer with different names but same address who purchased 7 items from me over a 2 day span.. DO NOT combine shipping... Each purchase should be packed separately and with there own tracking number... I had no problems with them or the orders

Message 32 of 38
latest reply

@toomuchstuffagain35 wrote:

The one at a time being an ebay requirement must be a new thing. I know at one time guest accounts could use the cart to purchase more than one item/listing at a time.

Perhaps rolled out when they did the upfront payments for offers?

There was a post in the last couple weeks and someone mentioned a guest account could only buy 1 item.

Don't know much about guest accounts, so don't know if it's new or not?

Have a great day
Message 33 of 38
latest reply

@golfingaddict wrote:

I would ship them in four different shipments.

As long as they paid your correct shipping charges, it won't make a difference.

You can't do that on Ebay @golfingaddict because each transaction was purchased by a different buyer.  @steady2304 needs to ship each one separately and the buyer will be paying separate shipping for each order.

I would however stick a note in the package and let the buy know they could have saved on the shipping if they had purchased with one ID.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 34 of 38
latest reply

What are you talking about?.  mam980

I said "ship them in four different shipments"

Why is that wrong?

And I have told  you before, quit tagging me in your posts.

Message 35 of 38
latest reply

@toysaver wrote:

My guess is 4 different buyers from Japan found a Freight Forwarding service that is cheaper to ship a miniature model than your $22 charge.  I've sold plenty of military models in my time and the potential buyer for this WW II plane is likely an elderly man, not your typical scammer.   Your chance of selling these items within the USA is limited as the directions are in Japanese.  

@toysaver 

Your guess would be wrong. The buyer is US, Buckeye state based, but doesn't have an eBay account so he just purchases using a guest account when he wants to purchase something. Since eBay only allows 1 purchase per guest account due to IPR he had to make 4 separate purchases.

Also, just because they are in Japanese doesn't limit selling them here in the US as they are collector's items that are fully assembled WWII planes made of diecast w/ some plastic parts. I have sold these to buyers in the US, UK, AU etc. I have never had 1 sale yet to anyone from Japan.

Message 36 of 38
latest reply

@golfingaddict wrote:

What are you talking about?.  mam980

I said "ship them in four different shipments"

Why is that wrong?

And I have told  you before, quit tagging me in your posts.

You are absolutely correct, I read your post wrong.  Not sure why, it was short and to the point, but still my mistake.  I'm sorry.

As far as tagging, you and I haven't had a conversation in a very long time.  

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 37 of 38
latest reply

hmmm

Harsh wouldn't be the word that I was thinking of.

Yes you sell more than me but volume doesn't necessarily make you better at something.  I did list and sell much more at one time, have been selling here for almost 20 years and have enough experience to know that the op likely had a guest buyer.  I've sold in a lot of different categories over the years including some that tend to have more problems but I've never had a problem with a guest buyer. 

I've also had very few problems over the years and that is without having to google my buyer's address, check their feedback or other things that some seller's suggest should be done each time.  I don't pay much attention to any of that unless there is a problem later on.  According to the majority of the posts of this forum, other sellers do not think that it is necessary to do those things either.   I guess other sellers who DO sell more than I do, think along the same lines that I do. 

I do agree with you on one thing and that is communication is important.  I'm very good at communicating with my buyers and I'm sure I have fewer problems because of it.  

Message 38 of 38
latest reply