cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Negative feedback

Here is the negative feedback I received.  The buyer never reacher out?  I do offer 30 day refunds.  Sheesh....This suit was no where near the condition she is describing.  This just takes the wind out of my Ebay sales.  😓
Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Negative feedback

Was it a repair?

Message 2 of 19
latest reply

Negative feedback

Sorry to hear that. Mind if I ask why none of the condition issues were disclosed in the item description?

From photos I can see the giant patch on the butt and at least 2 long pulls (snags as the buyer called them). I can also see along the interior neckline the stitching is coming undone. Photos do not show problem areas she mentioned regarding the shoulders/neck (there are no close ups of those areas), but the other issues she described we can see in photos. I saw them because I was looking for them, but may not have otherwise.

If the issues were disclosed in the description then the buyer would have had a better idea of what they were buying upfront.

You could try offering the buyer a prepaid label, and after it's returned and item is refunded, ask if they are willing to revise their feedback.

Good luck - hope the buyer is willing to work with you.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 3 of 19
latest reply

Negative feedback

@wastingtime101... tagging on.

@snowyowlgoods 

Also, I see 'No Returns' on the listing... not 30-Day. And the stock photo isn't of the same suit. Try to mitigate your losses... offering that your buyer return (as it is NAD) for a full refund might be your best tack. Good luck.

Message 4 of 19
latest reply

Negative feedback

@snowyowlgoods wrote:
 I do offer 30 day refunds. 

Not on that listing, it's no returns.

Have a great day
Message 5 of 19
latest reply

Negative feedback

+1 to what @wastingtime101 wrote.  In looking at the photos in the listing, it appears your buyer has some legitimate concerns.

Message 6 of 19
latest reply

Negative feedback

If that light gray piece is a patch, you should definitely have mentioned it in your listing.  (I, like the buyer, couldn't tell it was a patch.)  And it looks like the collar area is very badly worn from the hook and loop being applied and pulled off.  I can also see pilling along the seams.  As far as the material pulling apart and seams coming loose, I couldn't see any of that in the pictures so if those conditions were actually there, they should have been mentioned. 

Your description doesn't say anything about condition except "pre-owned".  This is one of my personal pet peeves about clothing sellers, when they give a description only as "pre-owned" or "used".  That doesn't say anything about the actual condition.  

Message 7 of 19
latest reply

Negative feedback

The buyer never reacher out? 

@snowyowlgoods 

Why would you expect that?   To avoid this sort of thing, it might be better if you DESCRIBE any condition issues up front with text and photos.   For pre-owned items you need to talk about anything that makes it NOT MINT or NEW CONDITION instead of all that over cheerful AI generated blather. 

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

Negative feedback

@snowyowlgoods wrote:
Here is the negative feedback I received.  The buyer never reacher out?  I do offer 30 day refunds.  Sheesh....This suit was no where near the condition she is describing.  This just takes the wind out of my Ebay sales.  😓

I know getting a negative feedback can be very distressing.  I hope you will return to the thread so we can have a conversation and hopefully help you for the future.  I know sometimes posters can be harsh, but overlook that and look to the posters that are actually trying to be helpful to you.  Helpful posters do not necessarily agree with you but may see stuff you haven't yet considered.  With that said, at the time of my post, all the posters have been polite and are trying to help you.

This may not be an easy conversation for you but it could likely help you for the future.

As the others have said, your descriptions leave out critical info and details.  Heck on this listing you didn't even tell the buyers what condition it was in other than Pre owned.  It is in your best interest to think like a buyer when you are writing a description.  Include all the info you'd want to know if you were a buyer considering the purchase of the item.  NEVER depend on your pics in lieu of a typed out description.

Buyers are not required to reach out to the seller before leaving feedback of any kind.  However it does seem logical to do that, however it doesn't appear this buyer intending on trying to return it.  They were just going to keep it the way it was.

May I ask what happened with the buyer that left you 3 negs because of some issue with Combined shipping?

From your fb, you may be getting the health of your selling account in a little trouble.  Do you keep a close eye on your stats in the Seller Dashboard?  If you don't, you should as it can help you to be proactive and head off a potential problem if you review this at a minimum of weekly.

https://sellerstandards.ebay.com/dashboard?region=US

You have many listings that you don't even state the condition of the item being sold.    You depend on your pics to tell the buyer what condition many of your items are, but that isn't a good way to do that.  You need to keep in mind that there is a wide variety of devices that a buyer might be viewing your listings on with a wide variety of clarity or quality to displaying pics.  You really need to take the time to expand your descriptions to accommodate ALL the appropriate info.

This will hopefully help you  to curb getting negative fb too.

I wish you nothing but the best.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 9 of 19
latest reply

Negative feedback

You are not a newbie. This listing looks like it was done by a newbie, a lazy seller or someone trying to obfuscate the flaws in the item.

With no returns, I would suspect you got a negative instead of a message because the buyer is ignorant of the Ebay Money Back Guarantee.

You should make this situation right for your long term benefit and the benefit of all of the sellers who are planning to continue selling here.

And you should improve your listings, particularly because of the large number of users of the mobile apps.

Message 10 of 19
latest reply

Negative feedback

@mam98031 wrote:
however it doesn't appear this buyer intending on trying to return it.  They were just going to keep it the way it was.

Maybe yes, maybe no. In many cases I would agree with you that a jump to neg FB with zero contact means the buyer does not plan to return, but it's always trickier to make that determination when the seller has a "no returns" policy because some buyers think that means they can't return even if there's a problem.

If the neg FB is that troublesome to the seller, they could reach out to the buyer and see if they get a response.

I believe everybody that's posted so far is in agreement that the seller here would benefit from our advice to describe condition in their listings. Hopefully they will put that advice into practice.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 11 of 19
latest reply

Negative feedback

There are always exceptions.  It would be hard to cover all that in every post, but thank you and yes you are correct.

As for the advice given prior to my post.  I don't think my post disagreed with anyone.  But for anyone that felt that way, it wasn't my intention which is why I specifically said "all the posters have been polite and are trying to help you."  Sorry if you missed that statement.  It was in my first paragraph.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 12 of 19
latest reply

Negative feedback

Hey, I'll take a different approach.  You didn't do anything wrong - not one thing.  Looks like your business model is to list a lot of one-offs, which means that you don't have the time to put in detailed descriptions.  You'd rather rely on the AI descriptions - no problem there.  BUT, there are detriments to that strategy, and a neg for such a lacking description is just one of them.  

Message 13 of 19
latest reply

Negative feedback

I would simply refund - that wetsuit is not salable (I used to swim open water in a chilly climate and have worn out a couple of wetsuits). Pre-owned wetsuits need a little extra knowledge for selling due to materials, wear, etc.

ETA: Having said that, I'm not sure why the buyer even purchased it - that patch is pretty darned obvious and one can purchase used suits in better condition for not much more.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 14 of 19
latest reply

Negative feedback

@mam98031 wrote:

As for the advice given prior to my post.  I don't think my post disagreed with anyone.  But for anyone that felt that way, it wasn't my intention which is why I specifically said "all the posters have been polite and are trying to help you."  Sorry if you missed that statement.  It was in my first paragraph.

Not sure what's up @mam98031 . I said we were all in agreement (you, me, everyone that posted thus far) about the descriptions. Why do you think I missed something? 🤷

GLORIOUS!

Message 15 of 19
latest reply