cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Negative Feedback from Buyer who lost eBay Money Back Guarantee Cases

Hello

I have a buyer in China who used a Freight Forwarder in the USA to purchase multiple items from me over the past few months. Everything was going good, until the Freight Forwarder appears to have lost three of the packages. The buyer instead of dealing with the Freight Forwarder decided to open eBay Money Back Guarantee cases against me (even though the tracking showed delivered).

Naturally, the three eBay Money Back Guarantee cases were ruled in my favor. The buyer then proceeded to open payment disputes for those three items, and again eBay (or the bank) sided in my favor. As expected, the buyer is furious, but is directing his anger towards me instead of his Freight Forwarder. Since he could not leave me negative feedback on those three items (as the cases were ruled in my favor), he has gone ahead and is leaving me negative feedback on the other purchases out of retaliation.

I spoke to an agent over chat who understood the issue and asked me to appeal it via the "Help and Contact" dashboard. One feedback was removed, and the other removal requests were denied. I spoke to "eBay for Business" on Twitter and Facebook and they said when it comes to Feedback Removal, they have no powers - even though they understand the issue at hand.

Is there anyway to get a higher up to look into this and get the unfair negative feedbacks removed?

Thank you.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

I know this isn't a perfect solution, but you need to contact Ebay again.  Remind them [politely] that one got removed when you first requested it, but the other two remain and shouldn't.  You are just trying to get this fixed.

If Facebook for business doesn't want to help, then use a different method of contacting a real persona at Ebay.

If you can get to the page that asks you if you want a call back, that one is likely a good try.

Here are your options for contacting Ebay Customer Service. Please be aware that for social media CS, you send them a Private Message and briefly explain what your problem or issue is. Feel free to leave your Name, address, phone number and/or your email address in this message. It is private and secure and it may help to speed up the response for you.

https://twitter.com/askebay

https://www.facebook.com/eBay/

https://www.instagram.com/ebayforsellers/

Your options will be on the left. If you use the link below you can only get to the Automated Assistant or Chat box type AGENT in the box and hit enter. You will then get more options. Not all options are available 24/7. It will depend on staffing available. So sometimes you can request a call back and sometimes you can't. Sometimes you have the Chat option available and other times it won't me. If it is important to you to use one of those options, just try back later.

If you use a cell phone or other mobile device, you may need to turn off your Spam filter so that Ebay can call you.

If you are a seller outside of the US or Canada, you will need to use the Chat Option.

https://www.ebay.com/help/eua?id=5275&mkevt=1&mkpid

https://www.ebay.com/help/home

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

I spoke to "eBay for Business" on Twitter and Facebook and they said when it comes to Feedback Removal, they have no powers - even though they understand the issue at hand.

@whatchamacallit.ss 

Yes, apparently the ability for ANY customer service person to assist with Feedback Removal has been removed.  From a recent post on the eBay for Business page: 

eBay for Business:
We’ve recently standardized the process to have all feedback appeals submitted through the Seller Help Dashboard to better align with our global process and maintain consistency for all users. This would be why any support member you talk to though phones, chat, email, or social media would be unable to assist with the removal. We understand that changes can sometimes be challenging, but we believe this adjustment will ultimately create a more streamlined experience. Thank you for your understanding.

From others reporting, the new "bot" in charge is stuck CONSISTENTLY in denial mode. 

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

In the meantime I think I would reply to those negatives something like "Tracking shows these items were delivered to the address provided on the Ebay order on (date). I am not quite sure what the complaint is" or something like that... 

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Don't forget to add this buyer to your BBL if you have not already done so. 

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Thanks for all the replies - yes the buyer was blocked right away.

Unfortunately, speaking to a real person on chat has gotten no where. Is there really no way to escalate such a blatant abuse of eBay policies (feedback privileges) to a manager? It seems ridiculous that this is the state of things with all the fees I pay.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@whatchamacallit.ss wrote:

Thanks for all the replies - yes the buyer was blocked right away.

Unfortunately, speaking to a real person on chat has gotten no where. Is there really no way to escalate such a blatant abuse of eBay policies (feedback privileges) to a manager? It seems ridiculous that this is the state of things with all the fees I pay.

Use one of the other methods of contacting Ebay I gave you in Post #2.

Before you contact them, make sure you have all your evidence ready so you can prove your case.  Make sure they look at it too.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 7 of 7
latest reply