cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nearly 30% in Fee's. Is that correct?

When a sale has a 12.9% Fee plus 30¢. For an item that sold for $30 the total Fees amounted to $4.48 or nearly 15%. (Actually 14.9%). Add 15% to that for a Promoted Listing and now we have 30% in Fees. Is that correct?

Message 1 of 26
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @pf9000 

Book FVFs are 14.95% and that is on the item plus sales tax if applicable. And since they probably round up the FVF on the $ 30 would be $ 4.49 + 0.30 = $ 4.79

If you Promote at 15% that's another  $ 4.50.

Total Fees would be around $ 9.29 = 30.9%

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor

View Best Answer in original post

Message 11 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

I pay 13.25%.

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 2 of 26
latest reply

@pf9000 

Sounds about right, though I think you left of the fees you pay on the TAX the buyer has to pay.  Good thing you have "free" shipping. 

Message 3 of 26
latest reply

Probably so if you use promoted listings.

Have a great day
Message 4 of 26
latest reply

If you promote at 15%, yes, it can be that high.  That's a choice, though, so while it's technically a fee, it's a little disingenuous to count it among the others.  We don't promote higher than 2% and sell great.

Message 5 of 26
latest reply

I'm curious about the fact you promoted that book at 15% which agrees to pay that much more in fees.   Is that an item with so much competition that you need to pay so much more to show it as sponsored in order for it to sell?  It seems rather unique to me.

Message 6 of 26
latest reply

When a sale has a 12.9% Fee plus 30¢. For an item that sold for $30 the total Fees amounted to $4.48 or nearly 15%. (Actually 14.9%).

My fees are 13.25% plus 30 cents of the total amount the buyer pays. So if the buyer pays a total of $30, I pay 13.25% plus 30 cents of $30 which is $4.28.

It will only be 15% if (a) the 30 cents fixed fee changes the effective percentage to 15%, or (b) you are not calculating the percentage the same way eBay does.

Add 15% to that for a Promoted Listing and now we have 30% in Fees. Is that correct?

If you willingly choose to pay an additional 15% promoted listing fee, then yes you will pay the extra fee that you agreed to if the sale qualifies as a promoted sale.

It will only be 30% if (a) the 30 cents fixed fee changes the effective non-promoted fee percentage to 15%, or (b) you are not calculating the percentage the same way eBay does.

Message 7 of 26
latest reply

I pay the 13 something percent on many of the listing then I promote at 2 percent above that. So like 0ver 300 listings are at 15 something percent total, the rest at 13 something. The 2 percent extra is getting my listings shown nicely. Now, where are the customers to buy my stuff? THAT IS THE BIGGEST PROBLEM THIS YEAR.

Message 8 of 26
latest reply

RIGHT, if your  item is not flooded with others like it you have no reason to up that percentage that high.

Message 9 of 26
latest reply

Book ?   14.95 % + $0,.30 ?

Message 10 of 26
latest reply

Hi @pf9000 

Book FVFs are 14.95% and that is on the item plus sales tax if applicable. And since they probably round up the FVF on the $ 30 would be $ 4.49 + 0.30 = $ 4.79

If you Promote at 15% that's another  $ 4.50.

Total Fees would be around $ 9.29 = 30.9%

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 11 of 26
latest reply

This time of year I also give 10% to Charity.

Message 12 of 26
latest reply

When I do a search for my own items, oftentimes they are not showing up. By paying extra to promote the listings, guess what happens?

Message 13 of 26
latest reply

That's an excellent answer. Thank you for that. A lot of great replies to this topic.

Message 14 of 26
latest reply

You do know that the 10% you give to charity isn't part of eBay's final value fee, right, so you should not be including it when you figure out what fees you are paying?

eBay's final value fee is calculated on the item price, the shipping fee and the state sales tax, if any.

Message 15 of 26
latest reply