cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NYC and the issue of Non Deliveries

What has to be addressed is the real issue of mailing to cities at a time when there is great unrest. Delivery companies, and I have spoken to the top 4, are not going into areas of unrest. All deliveries including regular mail delivery is cut off. Even mailcarriers are not walking into it. 

SO what to do when buyers open INR and there is only an arrival at unit scan or out for delivery? Well if you upload tracking without that end scan of delivery the buyer will win and receive a refund. 

As someone who did 23 in the USPS, and with both logistics and delivery mapping, I can tell you with certainty that the mail is being held and they are likely doing sections at a time for safety reasons. This coupled with the significant mail and package volume and the lack of delivery employees and vehicles to make these deliveries has created a scenario of unpredictability with delivery. 

My solution is to extend the time given for INR claim resolution and to prevent buyers from leaving any feedback at all until it is either scanned delivered ending the INR, or the extended period ends. 

Hey if we had to do 60 returns through this then we should be given an extension with this. 

Your thoughts? 

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: NYC and the issue of Non Deliveries

Doesn't the PO have "alerts" when they can't deliver?   I know when there are floods or hurricanes, there is info about specific PO's......  If you call ebay, and can show problems with the PO, I'll bet they will extend the window before they close a case........???

Not sure I'm understanding your question, tho..........

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

As someone who lives in nyc my own mail is arriving 100% and all The many packages I sent out in the last 3 months during COVID-19 & during the Country Wide unrest arrived normal, As usual,  With no issue whatsoever!

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

when an item not recieved is filed  you will have 3 buisness days to respond,if it shows updated tracking in 3 days it  will be extended before they can upgrade to a claim I think

Germantown proud Germantown strong
up the whiskey hickon
moving right along
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Ok, but whatever section you are in does not represent your city and associated boroughs as a whole. There are entire sections of Brooklyn not served at this time. 

What the USPS UPS FedEx DHL are supposed to do is scan "Held" However, we are talking about city delivery and unforeseen issues with deliveries. 

3 days to respond to an INR is fine. The issue is the closing of the INR in a buyers favor when the order simply can not be delivered. The INR time to escalate needs to be extended. 

I understand your shipments are arriving on time throughout thew pandemic and unrest. Thats good to hear. I ship anywhere from 400-1200 orders per day. With that volume comes a clearer picture. There are issues in cities around the country. Seattle, Atlanta, LA, Chicago, NYC have such unrest that deliveries are not made due to safety concerns. 

The INR escalation period should be increased

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Gee!  400-1200 orders shipped a day is a shocking amount!

I never heard of such a Remarkable thing before.
Lucky you!

Message 6 of 6
latest reply