cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NO SALES

is ebay pushing sellers out on purpose?  i cannot figure out what else could be going on.  my sales are down 74% in last month.  68% down from last year.  i have done everything i can do to my listings. i contact ebay over and over again and they always say they will look into it but never follow up like they say they will nor does anything change. i guess i need to downgrade my store...can't afford it anymore.  What a joke this has become.

Message 1 of 34
latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

Re: NO SALES

Hello eBay.  Nobody can find my stuff in searches, hits are down, sales are down.  If I lose money you also lose money.  What do you intend to do about it?  Roll back the nonsense you changed in the spring.  

Message 16 of 34
latest reply

is ebay pushing sellers out on purpose? i cannot figure out what else could be going on. my sales are down 74% in last month. 68% down from last year.

Welcome to the world where the pandemic bonanza gravy train has come and gone.  Maybe sell items where the demand is as if it were 2019.

Message 17 of 34
latest reply

@retailtechoutlet wrote:

100% the same here - some days we're seeing non stop sales doing a couple grand and the next day absolutely 0. 

Wow that’s quite the swing. I thought to myself I’ve never had a huge rise/plummet that severely. But then I just noticed your average price per item is much higher than what I do. 

Man, you must be on quite the rollercoaster ride some days.

Message 18 of 34
latest reply

@postingid7659 wrote:

Hello eBay.  Nobody can find my stuff in searches, hits are down, sales are down.  If I lose money you also lose money.  What do you intend to do about it?  Roll back the nonsense you changed in the spring.  

Please give us just ONE of your items that can't be found in a search......

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 19 of 34
latest reply

@postingid7659 cannot give you even one single example as there is no truth whatsoever to what he/she is saying. Just comes to stir the pot. None of the items are hidden as Ebay does not hide people stuff.

Message 20 of 34
latest reply

"cannot give you even one single example as there is no truth whatsoever to what he/she is saying. Just comes to stir the pot. None of the items are hidden as Ebay does not hide people stuff."

I certainly beg to differ.  I search various items using 'new listings' once a week.  After looking thru all the 'new' I happened across one I liked and started a new search using the maker.  Much to my surprise there were about 20/30 listings that I Had NEVER SEEN BEFORE.  So these items were NOT included in the original search.  Cool...how do you explain that?

Also, eBay themselves stated that they would not be showing ALL listings....all the time.

Message 21 of 34
latest reply

Ebay has messed up so many things recently that its not funny.

1st example - search engine using app (a while back, dunno if its fixed) was so bad that many items would bot get displayed at all. Doing same search on google i did find same items for sale on eBay.

2nd example - eBay stores. While browsing someone store huge chunk of their inventory would not even get displayed - sellers confirmed this problem.

Lets say what i sell - Carrera slot cars, tracks, etc. Usually there is at least 1 sale of that every few days, but something happened when eBay started updating things, suddenly i had no sales or very few sales of that for a whole month. It was like these items were deleted from search engine. Last few weeks - great sales.

Message 22 of 34
latest reply

This is a platform for opinions and questions.  If you don't like it don't come on here.

Message 23 of 34
latest reply

@thepinkbunny wrote:

This is a platform for opinions and questions.  If you don't like it don't come on here.

😮

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 24 of 34
latest reply

@moondogblues wrote:

"Cool...how do you explain that?

@moondogblues 

When there are thousands of search results you need to narrow it down or Ebay will let you click a link to show you ALL items. They don't hide it and actually tell you right there on the page what to do. 99.999% of buyers do not want a result with thousands of listings so they do that to help buyers.

Message 25 of 34
latest reply

@thepinkbunny 

Exactly, thus the reason for me giving you my opinion and suggestion.  So why are you here ?

Message 26 of 34
latest reply

I still feel that the promoted/sponsored listings are causing the no sales. 

Think I looked at your Victoria's Yoga pants, and two rows of competing listings show, before your description...this lures buyers away from your listing.

KrazzyKats
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 27 of 34
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

People that keep saying it's related to the pandemic can't explain why the same thing is happening to me.    Most of my items are Tools and new car parts.    Now that the pandemic is over, people are traveling now more than ever, go look it up if you don't believe me, that means more people need tools (since my tools are mainly for working on cars) and auto parts.    So that would mean I'd see a huge increase in sales, but I'm not.

When i'm listing items I always search for the same item to get an idea of the price range.   When I do, I always get the most expensive listing first, with the cheaper listings at the bottom if I use best match which is the default.   Lots of casual buyers don't know to change the best match to lowest price so they leave ebay and go buy it on a site that makes more sense with pricing like amazon.

Something that ebay did has to do with price.   Ebay puts higher priced listings before lower priced listings now because they make more in fees.  

The pandemic reason is illogical.   If what people are saying is true, and sales are slow because of the pandemic ending, then my sales would at least stay the same or increase, but they haven't, they've been dropping since this update, and I can see what's going on.   Higher priced listings show up higher.   That's great for ebay, but it's bad for buyers, they'll leave this sinking ship and sail straight to amazon. 

Message 28 of 34
latest reply

Delete post

Message 29 of 34
latest reply

A friend of mine & I live in the same general region.  We both did a search for 1 particular Michael Jordan card.  We searched current & sold.  We both got different results.  Not 1 listing we saw was the same!  None of the prices matched with what we were looking at.   lol

Message 30 of 34
latest reply