cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEWBIE SELLERS...For the love of GAWD Please stop giving everything AWAY!

I will never understand why all these Newbie sellers ruin a good profit margin FOR EVERYONE,....if you only want to make $5 on an item why even come on here??? Experienced sellers have made $40 on items in the past for years only to see newbies come on and cut prices NEEDLESSLY BY OVER 80%......My GAWD Newbies...lets ALL try and make some money instead of just going for the lowest profit margin imagineable.

Message 1 of 231
latest reply
230 REPLIES 230

Re: NEWBIE SELLERS...For the love of GAWD Please stop giving everything AWAY!

@missjen831 wrote:

@pburn wrote:

@everything-from-trinkets-to-treasures wrote:

No one said one word about ebay "seeing" that the buyer hasn't shipped. And the policy doesn't say that either.
I don't understand why the miswording now?? You know noone including ebay is going to say that is what the policy says...because that is not what the policy says.

The shipping issue was raised in your Message #191:

"EBay says they buyer can cancel themselves. EBay sending notice to the sellers that the buyer wants to cancel and asking of they shipped is not the same as the buyer asking the seller to cancel. Ebay handles the cancellation once the know the item has not been shipped."
"You can split hairs but the policy says the buyer can cancel with in the requirements ....and it is not up to the seller. Sellers merely says to ebay they shipped or not."

And in your Message #193:

"No that would be incorrect...the cancellation is automatically approved if the seller has not shipped...the seller has no say, they cannot decline or anything else."
"EBay verifying if the item has been shipped  or not is not even close to the seller approving anything."
"You are adding in the part about the seller approving anything. That is not what happens. They state whether they shipped or not."

I believe that is why the previous poster requested clarification in Message #207, under item #3.

Pburn you are correct. It is that message with the incorrect statements that started this whole debate. 

eBay does not handle the cancellation because they know the seller hasn’t ship. The fact is, the seller always has to cancel, eBay doesn’t handle anything and they DON’T know when the seller hasn’t shipped because sellers are not required to use label labels. They only know that the seller has shipped if the label is purchased through eBay or the seller manually marks it shipped. There are 2 ways for a buyer to REQUEST a cancellation, both send the seller a REQUEST. In both cases it’s up to the seller to agree to cancel. Hopefully @Anonymous will pop in soon and clarify this once and for all & the disruption here will end.

Well in one the seller confirms or denies and in the other kind the seller has to send the request to the buyer 

when eBay says the buyer can cancel it simply means the buyer can send the seller the cancellation request instead of the seller sending it to the buyer 

but yeah never left up to eBay 

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 226 of 231
latest reply

I see it this way,

if buyers could just simply cancel a transaction without the sellers approval, then it would attract more sport bidders than ebay already has now.

Sport bidders could really mess with sellers listings if they had the option to cancel without any approval within 1 hour of the listing ending, they could have a lot of fun with that...

Message 227 of 231
latest reply

@missjen831

Hey, Jen. My theory from yesterday was spot on lol.

My first ever cancellation request came from ebay in my personal email and in messages within 8 minutes of the buyer's purchase/paid. I had not done the ebay label, and had not shipped. Thank the L.

The notice I received said: buyer asks to cancel (it didn't give a reason, which I think it should). You can approve or you do not have to approve if you have shipped the item. I clicked approve. 

I never knew there were 2 types of cancellations, this one hour versus after an hour has passed. 

I ain't got the brains to make this up (Fantastic Beasts)
Message 228 of 231
latest reply

If anyone needs to know, I am now out of this 12 pager effective 11:19am EST. lolol.

I ain't got the brains to make this up (Fantastic Beasts)
Message 229 of 231
latest reply

Hello Everyone,

As users continue to post content that goes against our Rules of Engagement in spite of the warning previously issued here this thread is now closed to further replies.  Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thanks for understanding!

Message 230 of 231
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@missjen831 wrote:

@Anonymous welcome back! We need your assistance here please. Looks like some patently false information regarding cancellations is being spread here. 

As far as most of us are aware, nothing has changed and only the seller can cancel, and buyers can only ask to cancel. 

Can you please confirm that—

1) only the seller can cancel a transaction.

2)buyers can only ask

to cancel. And even when they use the 1 hour cancellation feature, it’s just a REQUEST to cancel that the seller has to approve or deny.

3)eBay doesn’t automatically approve a buyers cancellation request if they see that the seller hasn’t shipped

Thank you very for much for helping clear up the confusion here! 

Hi @missjen831, happy to clarify - if it has been less than one hour since a buyer purchases the item and the seller has not marked the item as shipped the buyer is able to request a cancellation from their purchase history. The seller has three days to respond to this request and it will not process automatically.

If it has been more than an hour since the purchase or the seller has marked the item as shipped, the buyer would need to use the Contact seller option from their purchase history to request a cancellation. The seller would have the option of honoring this request as they see fit and if they agree to cancel, they would initiate the cancellation from their end.

I don't have access to details on past processes, so can't with 100% certainty, but I believe that in the past this process did function differently; the buyer requested cancellation would process automatically (within the first hour without being marked as shipped), but this is not currently the case. 

Message 231 of 231
latest reply