cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My money on hold

Buyer says item is scanned delivered but didn't receive.  My payment is on hold 

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: My money on hold

It's understandable that they're upset,  unfortunately they're misdirecting their anger towards you. Because of that, try to handle the situation delicately so they don't leave you negative feedback. If the tracking shows delivered then you're good. Last time this happened to me, eBay refunded the buyer out of their pocket & I got the funds from the sale

View Best Answer in original post

Message 8 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

If your buyer has opened an Item Not Received claim, load your tracking number into the case. Good luck.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

@28lavenderlane 

If you provided a tracking number to ship, just enter it in the claim and you should be go to go.  

Good luck & Happy Selling

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Has the buyer opened a claim?
If yes you must enter the tracking number into the claim by updating.
If no, perhaps instruct your buyer to do so.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Resubmit the tracking if allowed to do so.  As long as it was scanned delivered you are in the clear but may have to wait a week to get the hold lifted.   

Could be dishonesty, porch pirates, or error from USPS; in that order.   

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

She says the package was not in her box and she checked the hallway.  Sounds like the wrong person picked up the package.  However,  buyer is really upset with me.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

@28lavenderlane wrote:

She says the package was not in her box and she checked the hallway.  Sounds like the wrong person picked up the package.  However,  buyer is really upset with me.

Maybe she is but it is not your fault. Limit your communication with her to only responses that are needed through her Item Not Received claim. Be sure that you upload the tracking number to the claim. Others here have a sympathetic text that they have used in the past that maybe someone will post here - it covers the basics that she should do such as talk to her neighbors and to the carrier about where the package might have gone. That is not your responsibility but hers. Be polite and do not be drawn into haggling a partial or even full refund. It is the buyer responsibility to have a safe place for delivery.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

It's understandable that they're upset,  unfortunately they're misdirecting their anger towards you. Because of that, try to handle the situation delicately so they don't leave you negative feedback. If the tracking shows delivered then you're good. Last time this happened to me, eBay refunded the buyer out of their pocket & I got the funds from the sale

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Just upload tracking to claim. 

Don't email buyer anymore.

"payment on hold"...normal...doesn't mean buyer will get a refund.

eBay allows buyers to open claims even though there is tracking...even after 260 days(I had one!)

Looking at what was sold...looks like package might have been small and probably could have fitted in a mail box. Mail boxes in buildings are quite large. Block the buyer.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Sometimes they take an extra day or 2 after being scanned delivered. If it is an ESE it gets marked delivered when it is sent to the local post office so can easily be 2 more days. When I have a nervous buyer I explain this to them. If it's an actual package and USPS I file a search request from the USPS site. That usually shakes it out, and those packages get a GPS recording of where they were scanned delivered that the PO can see.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply