cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My auction was taken down for Restricted Adult Items when other sellers’ listings are still up

I put up a comic book with a risqué cover image for auction that has one errant n’i’p’p’l’e’, which I blocked out with black over the offending area, was taken down.  My account is restricted for 3  days. 
I just saw an item that was the same darn thing, and it sold just yesterday with no issues.  Wth.
Now I see auctions that have multiple figures and black bars on their images, yet are still up and have sold multiple copies already.   
It’s ridiculous. 
I know the solution is to just not to list it there again, but it doesn’t change the fact that this didn’t happen to those other listings, yet happened to mine. 
Here’s the title: 

“Grimm Belle Vs. Black Knight 4th of July Ebas Ltd 100 Comic Book Z *hyphen*Rated” (with the hyphen not spelled out, of course).

Could be that the last word triggered eBay. Or maybe the editing wasn’t enough to obscure it. Idk. Maybe I should learn how the other sellers were successful and I wasn’t.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

My auction was taken down for Restricted Adult Items when other sellers’ listings are still up

Lesson for today: Don't try to obscure words or photos in an attempt to circumvent eBay's listing restrictions.

It is against the Community Guidelines for members participating in the discussion boards to assist you in violating eBay's policies.

"15. Do not encourage others to breach eBay policies or the eBay User Agreement. It is against the spirit of the Community to suggest to other members that they do something that may be in breach of eBay policies."

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

The sale of your Comic Book is not banned for sale on eBay.

But eBay does have a policy requiring you to list them in a
specific category in order to sell them.

Restricted adult items policy

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/prohibited-restricted-items/restricted-adult-items-policy?id=4278... 

2.jpg

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Knowingly you should had listed in the adult section you decided to get around the rules and block out the title and picture. Now you are complaining you got caught. People who speed driving cars do the same thing but still eventually get a ticket.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply