cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More fees, less sales, less tools, less value

I hope this is just another ebay glitch and not ebay making sellers job more difficult then it needs to be again.

For the last two days when I go to an original listing of an item I have sold the only link remain are "relist" or "sale similar".  They have removed all the other links that I use daily.  Such as see paypal transaction, see sales details which is the fast way to find tracking or delivery information.    Tools I use daily to sell on ebay just removed.  

Higher fees, Less  value, NO protection welcome to ebay.  

Message 1 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

It's almost bad enough to go back to selling at "flea markets."
Heck, I'm considering it this year. lol
Message 2 of 24
latest reply

Happened again. I tried to close a non-payment case and it was not an option on the original listing. I got the final value fee back but it took multiple pages and clicks that should not have to be done. And relisting the item was the same way. What should be a simple tasks was made much more difficult then it needs to be.
Message 3 of 24
latest reply

So it just happened again. I had a message from a buyer asking about an item. I need to see if and when it had been delivered but that was not an option on the original listing page. I had to copy and paste on different pages just to answer a simple question.
Message 4 of 24
latest reply

Is this on a Windows PC an apple PC an Android app and apple app?
Message 5 of 24
latest reply

Windows PC using chrome.

Message 6 of 24
latest reply

@faithfuldrummer wrote:
It's almost bad enough to go back to selling at "flea markets."
Heck, I'm considering it this year. lol

I was a flea market vendor prior to 1997 when Ebay was born.   I jumped on ebay and everything sold.  Was fun and I made money.   Fast forward I list some stuff during the week and if no interest I take it to the flea market on Sunday.   Many items on ebay would sell better at the flea market and many items I find at the flea market I sell on ebay.   Its a great marriage.  Oh and people at the flea market have money its just that sellers tend to sell their stuff too cheap.

Message 7 of 24
latest reply

True.  The world didn't like how well internet sellers were doing back then either.  You normally have to be involved in both physical and internet business for maximum success.

Message 8 of 24
latest reply

I am on Windows 10 Edge or Chrome or IE 
I don't think it is browser based , see this post  below
It's probably a new change .

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Have-eBay-made-changes-again-Send-invoice-now-missing-from-sol...

Message 9 of 24
latest reply

I'm on a Win10 desktop using Firefox. This is what I see:

Have you tried another browser?

Or maybe it's a glitch?

Or maybe it's a new "improvement" only affecting some sellers right now?

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 10 of 24
latest reply

Hard to say  glitch ? New change? 
I am Windows 10 tried Edge, IE & Chrome not Firefox
This is what I see

sold item displayed 2-19.JPG

Message 11 of 24
latest reply

To look at sold item details.  I use the SELLER HUB.

1. Seller Hub

2. Orders

3. All Orders

Then bookmark the page in your browser quick access bar.  I renamed mine SOLD.  All of the details are one click away - shipping labels, tracking, feedback, etc.  You can also customize the columns and their order.

Message 12 of 24
latest reply

@labs118 , @southern*sweet*tea 

I see the same as Labs118

So once again ebay is making my job harder then it needs to be.

They are removing tools from ebay without checking with sellers first.

Remember a few months back they removed the "views" column from the sold page.

It took months for them to bring it back.  

@clu3 

Yes there are ways around it but it leads to more unnecessary steps.  

If a buyer ask a question about a sold item and you click on the link it does not take you to seller hub.

So now you would have to copy and paste to search for the item just to answer a simple question.  

Message 13 of 24
latest reply

Win 8.1 using Firefox here and I see exactly the same thing as you do.

Message 14 of 24
latest reply

@clu3 wrote:

To look at sold item details.  I use the SELLER HUB.

1. Seller Hub

2. Orders

3. All Orders

Then bookmark the page in your browser quick access bar.  I renamed mine SOLD.  All of the details are one click away - shipping labels, tracking, feedback, etc.  You can also customize the columns and their order.

Same here! I can't remember the last time I ever visited the listing page of an ended (sold) item, so much easier to do post sale stuff from My eBay or now Seller Hub.

I understand that some did use those links but if you switch to doing it through the Seller Hub you might find that after a couple of weeks you wont remember doing it any other way.

Message 15 of 24
latest reply