cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Messages from ebay members item counterfeit and removed but can't see the original message or item?

I have several emails from ebay about counterfeit items being removed.  Cannot see item or message and didn't get a message in ebay.

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: Messages from ebay members item counterfeit and removed but can't see the original message or it

@queenie1948 

What was deemed counterfeit? Could you expand?  What were you selling that was removed?  From what I'm seeing as far as your sales go, you're not selling anything that looks even remotely counterfeit.  Lots of very cool vintage items.  The bots must have picked up on a word or title and shut down your listing. 

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

Re: Messages from ebay members item counterfeit and removed but can't see the original message or it

When eBay remove  an item, it disappears.  You cannot relist it.  If you try, it will be removed and you risk being suspended.

evry1nositswindy  •  seller since 2013
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

@queenie1948 wrote:

I have several emails from ebay about counterfeit items being removed.  Cannot see item or message and didn't get a message in ebay.

Your message is contradictory, you say 'I have several emails from ebay' then you say, 'didn't get a message in ebay'

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

It doesn't give item number or photo. When I click message it says this message has expired. But I receive three of them in email on may 11 2023

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

I know that but since it doesn't show picture or item number I don't know what has been removed.

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

Ebay will contact you via Ebay messaging on your account. You MAY get an e-mail IN ADDITION, but if you didn't get a message via your account, I would not worry about it. DON'T click any links in the e-mail

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

If you got an email from ebay ending a listing.

You also got a message in your ebay messages.

That's how it works.  That's how it has always worked.

Sometimes a seller will get spoof or phishing emails that ar,e not from ebay.   

Whenever I've had an item ended by ebay I got an ebay message spelling

out exactly what was ended and why, including the title of the listing.   

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

Did you look in MY EBAY under messages?

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

Problem is, I have no clue to what they shut down. Three different email messages and none described item, gave a photo etc.

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

What I'm saying is, I have received email messages about item being counterfeit from members with no description or photo. 

Then nothing came through eBay messages to that effect. Just emails, sorry if it was confusing.

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

@queenie1948 wrote:

What I'm saying is, I have received email messages about item being counterfeit from members with no description or photo. 

Then nothing came through eBay messages to that effect. Just emails, sorry if it was confusing.

Sounds like phishing emails, if any of them had links which you click on and had to sign it you better change your eBay passwords pronto.

Another hint, did any of these messages contain your actual name or just your user name. If it's just the user name that definitely indicates a possible phishing email. Normal your item sold messages and similar do not contain your actual name but anything to do with policy violations will.

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

If they didn't buy anything,  How'd they email the OP?      

Queenie,    Ebay and the internet is full of time wasting problem causers.    Ignore them and put it

out of your mind.   

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

@dirk12955 wrote:

If they didn't buy anything,  How'd they email the OP?      

Queenie,    Ebay and the internet is full of time wasting problem causers.    Ignore them and put it

out of your mind.   

They go online and buy a list of 100,000 email addresses for $20 or they use malware, lots of ways. The op has been around since the early days, more than 15 years before eBay started using anonymized email addresses.

I get lots of spam and pfishing on my old only used for eBay email address.

If I could see the actual message instead on an image it would be easy to determine it's legitimacy. I've had a few MC notifications, the one posted doesn't look quite right in comparison especially as it does not list the specific items apparently removed. 

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

The listings you would not see because Ebay removed them.  But the emails should still be there in your Ebay message system.  As well as a copy is sent to the email address you have in your account set up.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 15 of 17
latest reply