cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Markdown Manager NOT working!!!!!!

I've been trying for weeks to run a markdown sale. But every time I try and launch a new sale or even copy a previous sale, I get a message that says "We ran into a problem but we're working on it. Please try later."  No matter what I do, it keeps giving me the same message and it won't run or even start the sale. I'm so tired of this site's CONSTANT, DAILY TECHNICAL GLITCHES! 

sale.jpg

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Have you tried to make the end time longer than the day you are starting it?  It may take up to 12 hours for it to activate so having it end within that time may be throwing it off.  

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

@epictreasure 

I did one yesterday and it did take quite a bit of time to populate and show online…normally it was very fast. 

I always set the time to start as “now” and make it for a couple of weeks, and if I wanted to I can end it after 24 hours. 

I am not sure if you can do a sale even for just one day. 

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Did you scroll down and fill in the Sale event banner?   It's under the Review your sale event block.  

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

I just tried and it was the "end time" (I got a different message in the red banner)

After I extended the closing date it accepted it.

I just did 3 sales and they all went smoothly after that...

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

@epictreasure wrote:

I've been trying for weeks to run a markdown sale. But every time I try and launch a new sale or even copy a previous sale, I get a message that says "We ran into a problem but we're working on it. Please try later."  No matter what I do, it keeps giving me the same message and it won't run or even start the sale. I'm so tired of this site's CONSTANT, DAILY TECHNICAL GLITCHES! 

sale.jpg

You have the end time the same date (today) as the start time........since it may take 12 hrs to show....that's probably the reason it got rejected.........

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

In this listing no but on other attempts yes. I tried to send out one just now and am getting the same red banner error message. I'm beginning to think this is just another eBay "glitch" because on some previous attempts, the sale actually worked and went through. Go figure! 

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Yeah I get that. I'm beginning to think it's just another eBay "glitch" in their system. 

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Yes I did that. 

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Well, I just tried to launch one with the ending time scheduled for Sunday (3 days) and I'm still getting the red banner error message. 

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Yes you're probably right but I just launched one today (Fri 4/5) and ended it on (Sunday 4/7) and once again, I got the red banner error message. I'm going to check it later to see if it actually took or not. I think it's another eBay "glitch".  

Message 11 of 11
latest reply