cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for some advice on my baseball card shop here on ebay

Just anything to sharpen what I am already doing. 

Before I start listing more things, I don't want to keep making the same mistake over and over. 

Thank you very much in advance. 

https://www.ebay.com/usr/teamdemocards?_trksid=p2047675.m145687.l151931 

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Re: Looking for some advice on my baseball card shop here on ebay

OK, I think I see what to do. 

Anything numbered or selling for at least $3, with the buyer paying for shipping will be what I try to sell. Anything sitting on ebay with multiple copies being sold for $1 with free shipping. I'm not even going to bother to list. 

You have been a huge help in all of this. 

I do look at this as fun. This is not my career, but I do not want to be wasting my time, either. 

Message 16 of 22
latest reply

Everyone here as been a huge help, too.

Message 17 of 22
latest reply

I am glad I can help, that is the reason why I make my videos in the first place.

Message 18 of 22
latest reply

Yes, I use Ebay standard envelope. I have my printer set up to print right on the envelope. For what it sounds like you are trying to do and the cards you have, I would not invest too much money on equipment. List some more cards and see if you make money before spending any.

Message 19 of 22
latest reply

One thing you may want to consider before listing a Card is doing a ebay search for the card for pricing and then look to the left of the results for sold listings and click on that and see how many have sold, for what price and how often.

Message 20 of 22
latest reply

@johnjefprks wrote:

Yes, I use Ebay standard envelope. I have my printer set up to print right on the envelope. For what it sounds like you are trying to do and the cards you have, I would not invest too much money on equipment. List some more cards and see if you make money before spending any.

I was never very successful at printing right on the envelope and ended up sticking with thermal labels. 

Message 21 of 22
latest reply

I forgot to add one detail.

There's a paperboard envelope, its 6.5 x 4.5 inches. Its popular with the postcard sailers: called Ecoswift.  I've weighed the envelopes with a postcard inside, and its usually about 0.60 to 0.65 ounces, with the envelope itself weighing .50 ounces.  

If you're selling cheaper sports cards, this offers good protection, while keeping individual orders under 1 ounce, which translates to 60 cents.

or, you can go the route your own route or the route that onefootflipper mentioned.  

I streamlined my process: I bought a Rollo Wireless (business expense) and the necessary paperboard envelopes that offer fantastic item protection, while keeping the weight within the specific guidelines.  

I mention paperboard because they offer the maximum protection that can be processed through the USPS auto rollers. If you send cardboard mailers, they won't work.   

Just wanted to share this detail.

Message 22 of 22
latest reply