cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Local Pick-Up

I listed a large appliance and a buyer purchased it with PayPal about 3 weeks ago.  The listing clearly noted that it needed to be gone by 5/24 (I'm moving) and someone else needed to remove it through local pickup (either the buyer or 3rd party movers)- it is too heavy to move/pack myself (400+ lbs).   It also is not going to come to my new house because it's too heavy.  I promptly reached out to the buyer and noted all of this again. 

The buyer requested my address, phone number, and weights/dimensions for the appliance.  After I sent three more messages and received no response, I reached out to the cell phone number left in the only correspondence and left a voicemail.  No response to that either.  I just received a cancelation request, saying "due to inconveniences in being able to communicate with you...I cancel the order of the same, effective immediately."

How should I proceed?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Local Pick-Up

You don't want to try to sell to someone trying to cancel the order.

Unfortunately, it sounds like the buyer has costed you by making you deal with the aftermath of their cancellation.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Local Pick-Up

I guess you would have to cancel as buyer requested to get your fees back and hope the buyer responds. They would have to send you a cancellation request I think.

Buyer-requested cancellations

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/getting-paid/cancelling-transaction?id=4136

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Local Pick-Up

The buyer's message is the cancellation request.

Cancel using the buyer requested option.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Local Pick-Up

About all you can do is to select cancel transaction and as a reason list buyer request. Message will be sent to the buyer to confirm. Hopefully, buyer did not pay through PP (cash at pick up ). If buyer paid, you will have to refund and decide what to do with the appliance. There are much better venues out there for selling large, heavy items.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Local Pick-Up

@phals30 wrote:

I just received a cancelation request, saying "due to inconveniences in being able to communicate with you...I cancel the order of the same, effective immediately."

How should I proceed?

If buyer asked to cancel the order, just cancel and choose buyer requested as the reason.

Refund buyer, then you'll get your FVFs back.

Have a great day.
Message 6 of 6
latest reply