cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Listing tool update causes 3x more clicks to remove all pics!?- are we going down this road again???

Yesterday my listing tool updated and now the "picture box" has a new design that is surrounded by a dotted line ands they removed the ultra convenient "Remove all pictures" button from the top right corner. 

Now you must hover over the corner to get an "edit" prompt to appear, then click it.  That makes a check all box on the other side of the screen show up. THEN you must check that box which makes a delet button show up on the OTHER side of the page that you must click .

Come on- this is just getting completely ridiculous now. We already had this fight with ebay when this tool rolled out 2 years ago to absolute hatred.  Why is ebay making it take longer to do SIMPLE tasks again.

It is not industry standard to make a one click feature take 4 clicks instead!

Is the design team getting paid by how many extra clicks they add to the desktop experience?  Full time sellers use desktops. All ebay employees use desktops, all companies use desktops to conduct business- we need the listing tool to act like a real tool optimized for business like we used to have with the classic tool.

If we are futzing around wasting time clicking here and there constantly- we are not adding new listings to ebay- what dont they get about that?  

BTW- with this update- the tool no longer remembers our calculated shipping options anymore so we have to click in the popup again and add USPS Advantage, USPS Priority, Fedex, and UPS........every time we list- it used to keep those selection on the listing and all we had to do was change the weight and dimensions.

Also it no longer keeps the handling fee or the immediate payment button checked

This update adds at least 15 clicks and another 1-2 minutes to the listing process.....and for what? 

Message 1 of 104
latest reply
103 REPLIES 103

Listing tool update causes 3x more clicks to remove all pics!?- are we going down this road again???

So you won't have time to list elsewhere? 

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 2 of 104
latest reply

And they still have not moved variations above item specifics where they need to be. 😡

My #1 gripe about the many inefficiencies and backwards function on the abominable unified lister.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 3 of 104
latest reply

My account does not seem to have been updated (yet) with the change you describe. I still have the "Remove all" button on the listing form, both with Firefox and Chrome on desktop.

Message 4 of 104
latest reply

@mcdougle4248 wrote:

My account does not seem to have been updated (yet) with the change you describe. I still have the "Remove all" button on the listing form, both with Firefox and Chrome on desktop.

As do I. But I did see a post yesterday from @www.postcardcollecting.com  about what siamjane is reporting.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Report-eBay-Technical-Issues/Sell-Similar-Remove-Images-Not-There/m-p/...

This is what I'm seeing in the new photo layout:

listingtool-2024-photolayout.png

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 5 of 104
latest reply

Tagging in kyle@ebay . More feedback on the listing tool. Hopefully you can submit info from this discussion along with the other thread (link) on which I just tagged you. Thanks!

GLORIOUS!

Message 6 of 104
latest reply

Here's what the new photo layout looks like -

2024-04-05_12-27-42.jpg

2024-04-05_12-29-22.jpg

2024-04-05_12-29-37.jpg

2024-04-05_12-29-45.jpg

Message 7 of 104
latest reply

@valueaddedresource 

Thanks for the screenshots! Oh my, what a mess that is.

Message 8 of 104
latest reply

Thanks for posting the screenshots, @valueaddedresource .

That's such a bad change! What the heck is the point of making something SO inefficient that was 1 click before?

In addition, the trash can icon is no longer present on each individual photo - is that correct? So we can't even trash a single image without click, click, click, click, bang my head against the wall?

GLORIOUS!

Message 9 of 104
latest reply

@mcdougle4248 wrote:

@valueaddedresource 

Thanks for the screenshots! Oh my, what a mess that is.

@mcdougle4248 you're welcome! And yeah, I can definitely see why this would be particularly annoying if you were doing sell similar and needed to delete all the photos like that other post mentioned.

Message 10 of 104
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

Thanks for posting the screenshots, @valueaddedresource .

That's such a bad change! What the heck is the point of making something SO inefficient that was 1 click before?

In addition, the trash can icon is no longer present on each individual photo - is that correct? So we can't even trash a single image without click, click, click, click, shoot my brains out?

@wastingtime101 unfortunately....yep.

It's now a 2 click process - hover and click on the 3 dots and then on Delete.

2024-04-05_13-00-33.jpg

2024-04-05_13-00-49.jpg

Message 11 of 104
latest reply

Hang on - make main photo is new.

Can you confirm if you can still drag and drop image placement @valueaddedresource ? I rely on drag/drop to rearrange photo order. If that option is gone I think my brain will explode.

GLORIOUS!

Message 12 of 104
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

Hang on - make main photo is new.

Can you confirm if you can still drag and drop image placement @valueaddedresource ? I rely on drag/drop to rearrange photo order. If that option is gone I think my brain will explode.

@wastingtime101 yes you can still drag & drop images to rearrange order, so at least that is safe for now. 😂

And I should also note if you just click on the image, it opens the editor so that hasn't changed either.

2024-04-05_13-06-41.jpg

Message 13 of 104
latest reply

Drag and drop still in tact - thank goodness for small miracles.

GLORIOUS!

Message 14 of 104
latest reply

This "update" is so annoying and time consuming! Frustrating is the emotion I'm feeling when I go to start listing.

Message 15 of 104
latest reply