cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Listing keep getting taken down for infringement

There are many people selling microsd cards preloaded for the Raspberry Pis for awhile but everything when I put my listing up for the cards Ebay keeps taking them down.  I'm selling THE exact same thing.  

I don't use any copyrighted material in posting or videos or pics but for some reason the other sellers still have there listing up.

This is frustrating.  Why do they keep targeting me?

What am I doing or not doing? I offer huge discounts and I think people are falsely accusing me of my listing so they won't have competition. 

Please advise.  I sell tons of these on Etsy no problem, but Ebay is a discriminating me.  

Why are they doing this (please no obvious remarks).  Why can't I sell the same like item the others are?

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

I'm looking at the gallery (main) picture and it's not your own picture of the actual item. THAT is infringement and if that was reported, that's why the listings were removed. 

And if you keep relisting after the removals, you're putting your account at risk.

My suggestion is to take your own pictures, write your own descriptions -- do your own work.

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

They are targeting your listing because they (a human reporting your items, or eBay's bots) think your SD cards contain non-public domain game ROMs to use with the game console/arcade/vintage computer emulators that also come on your SD cards.

Even if they don't contain any (non-PD) ROMs/games, those who keep reporting your items think they do and will keep pulling your items and putting your account and severe risk. You should stop trying to sell them until you can resolve the matter with eBay and show them your SD cards only contain legal/open source/pd emulation software.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

@klm_retroarcade wrote:

There are many people selling microsd cards preloaded for the Raspberry Pis for awhile but everything when I put my listing up for the cards Ebay keeps taking them down. 

Nowhere in your post do you explicitly state the reason that eBay is giving for taking down your listing.

Without telling us that, all we can offer are wild guesses.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

When ebay takes down a listing they send a message to that seller, in that message is contained the reason.

You may wish to review those messages so that you can see for yourself why.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

The reason is in my message title.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

@klm_retroarcade wrote:

The reason is in my message title.

There are different types of infringement -- unauthorized use of images, unauthorized use of text, counterfeit item, etc. 

Copy and paste the takedown message, redacting any personal information.

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Given the name of your store, and since we don't know the wording of your message from eBay, I'm going to guess it's for including the game ROMs.

Are there other Raspi/RetroPie listings easily found that even say 'preloaded with over 19k titles!'?   Yes.  

Just because someone else's listing didn't (YET) get taken down, doesn't mean it's OK.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Nintendo also has a full court press going on in the USA.  Sellers abroad are different matters, in the USA selling this stuff that is copyrighted has ramifications.  Just last December there was a bust in Ohio of a handful of sellers who were selling Copyrighted Roms and Gamecube games on memory cards.  I cant recall the details but there were literally handfuls of felonies involved.  

Message 9 of 9
latest reply