cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Letter from Paypal?

Did anyone else get a letter from Paypal this week advertising a new ecommerce site they're starting and offering a promotion for us to start a store there?

I was interested in it but after I opened it I sat it on the table and my room mate accidentally tossed it thinking it was trash.

Anyone have any idea what I'm talking about?

Message 1 of 29
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Letter from Paypal?

Yes, I got it & it was from PayPal. Got 2 actually. Have not had time to check it out yet. I am sure EBay can't be too happy about them sending this out if the cost is reasonable. I guess that is the next question.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 5 of 29
latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

Are you sure it was from PayPal? I found several free store sites that have plastered PayPal all over making it seem they were partners.

The Race is over
The Rats won.
Message 2 of 29
latest reply

I mean it was on a Paypal letterhead and stuffed inside a Paypal envelope, but you may be right.

Message 3 of 29
latest reply

An actual letter? I've never gotten one from Paypal in 16 years. Periodically I get semi-junk Emails for credit card offers and whatnot, but never anything on the flat woodpulp stuff in the mail box...

Message 4 of 29
latest reply

Yes, I got it & it was from PayPal. Got 2 actually. Have not had time to check it out yet. I am sure EBay can't be too happy about them sending this out if the cost is reasonable. I guess that is the next question.

Message 5 of 29
latest reply

Just as ebay will be free to use any payment processor they want to, paypal will be free to open a selling site if they choose to. When the contract expires in a couple of years, all bets are off. If ebay can start that process now, so can paypal.

Message 6 of 29
latest reply

I didn’t get one, but I’ll certainly be looking for one. I would be very interested in this. Thanks for the heads-up.

Jumping thru eBay’s hoops to Match Product in their annoying, frustrating Product Catalog has me actively looking to move listings elsewhere.

I'm ̶p̶r̶e̶t̶t̶y̶ ̶s̶u̶r̶e̶ certain the lunatics have taken over the asylum.
Message 7 of 29
latest reply

Not to mention the new red asterisk IS field in PGP - "object" which is an obvious attempt to sling all bowls (ie) by a certain maker/pattern into a "product page", while totally ignoring 'condition'.
Reality is the leading cause of stress.
Message 8 of 29
latest reply

I'm speechless, but I guess I shouldn't be surprised.  Many love Paypal.

Message 9 of 29
latest reply

IF PayPal is actually sending these out, it may be an indication that it is PayPal's choice not to be included in the managed payments at this time, and that they may not be 'available' next summer, either.

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 10 of 29
latest reply

@mvls1 wrote:

When you check it out can you please post the contents of the letter? Specifically the website that's in it. I don't remember what it was and like I said, the letter was accidentally thrown out, but I'm very interested as well.

Message 11 of 29
latest reply

Oh, somewhat related topic: Did anyone else with a Paypal Working Capital loan get that e-mail about it?

Message 12 of 29
latest reply

Message 13 of 29
latest reply

I received both the mailer and the working capital loan email. If I recall correctly, I also received an email regarding the website setup. ... Wheels seem to be turning all over and ushering in a new era. It looks like some pretty serious decisions are going to be made byost in the coming months.

Message 14 of 29
latest reply

Rumor on the street is with all the data on hand and the employees ebays getting ready to get cherry picked.....

Message 15 of 29
latest reply