cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving feedback for 0 feedback guest buyer

It occurred to me there is absolutely no reason to leave feedback on a guest buyer (0 feedback) transaction.  At this point in time I assume 0 feedback buyers are one-off, guest buyers and not new ebay members.   

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

I actually didn't think you could, or is it the guest buyer who can't leave it for the seller?

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 2 of 19
latest reply

I always leave feedback for my buyers - I know I've left feedback for 0 feedback buyers in the past, thinking they were new ebayers.

Its not a big deal just one less thing to do.

Message 3 of 19
latest reply

@deltilogical wrote:

I always leave feedback for my buyers - I know I've left feedback for 0 feedback buyers in the past, thinking they were new ebayers.

I’ve bought many things and every seller I had thought the same thing as you do. Hence my current feedback score.

Message 4 of 19
latest reply

Actually I am pretty certain you can't leave FB for a guest, they have no account to apply it to.

So '0' FB buyers that you can leave FB for would automatically be new users....right???

Message 5 of 19
latest reply

@downunder-61 

Hey Koala

Happy New Year!

I don't think either can leave feedback.  I know that's true on other sites.  

Have a great weekend! 

Message 6 of 19
latest reply

Well if we can't leave FB for a zero FB guest buyer then sellers should at least consider snail mailing them a gift certificate for an all expenses paid Alaskan cruise or something of equal value as an expression of appreciation for their purchase.

Message 7 of 19
latest reply

Until recently I never even knew about "guest buyers".   

Sellers are a little suspicious due to experience.  More than once, the item to the zero-feedback buyer has come back as undeliverable, and I would check the address via google and see a vacant lot.  

I do get messages from buyers asking for + feedback  - you might consider this tactic to build up a few ++++!  Some sellers are fully vested in the Trustless ecosystem and don't leave feedback.  

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

Why do you assume that?

Message 9 of 19
latest reply

@deltilogical wrote:

I haven’t paid attention to guest buyers as much compared to in the past. But I recall eBay had some sort of pattern to creating the username for a guest account. It was a series of a few letters followed by a certain amount of numbers, they stuck out like a sore thumb to me so they were easy to pick out. eBay said they were essentially just quickly created accounts, not sure if they were temporary or not. But guest account buyers were still able to “login” somehow to see their purchase history, file returns, leave and receive feedback (although I doubt many left feedback), and check messages.

If it’s changed now to a different system where guest buyers can’t receive/leave feedback, then those accounts would never show up in this leave feedback page right? https://www.ebay.com/fdbk/leave_feedback
@deltilogical if that’s the case then you need not worry because every zero feedback buyer you are able to leave feedback for will be a new buyer and not a guest.

Message 10 of 19
latest reply

@ckimodog wrote:

@downunder-61 

Hey Koala

Happy New Year!

I don't think either can leave feedback.  I know that's true on other sites.  

Have a great weekend! 

Happy NY to you too my friend, currently the koala is melting over here 41 degrees (105.8 to you)

Message 11 of 19
latest reply

@deltilogical wrote:

It occurred to me there is absolutely no reason to leave feedback on a guest buyer (0 feedback) transaction.  At this point in time I assume 0 feedback buyers are one-off, guest buyers and not new ebay members.   

Not me. I view it as an opportunity to advertise, as well as welcoming those new buyers to eBay.

"Thank you for making YOUR FIRST PURCHASE on eBay with GO-BAD-CHICKEN! Welcome to eBay!"

Message 12 of 19
latest reply

@deltilogical wrote:

So after 25 years on ebay you are just now assuming you are wrong?

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 13 of 19
latest reply

Hi..

I think zero feedback buyers are not new ebay members.They are guest buyers.

Message 14 of 19
latest reply

@thanuk_52 wrote:

Hi..

I think zero feedback buyers are not new ebay members.They are guest buyers.

Mm, I still think it depends on what their screen name is. For instance if a buyer with zero feedback has an ID “TaylorSwiftRules” I’d take a shot in the dark and say that isn’t a guest account.

Message 15 of 19
latest reply