cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving feedback as a seller

I am a long time eBay seller and buyer, and when sellers wait to see if I've left them feedback before leaving feedback from my purchase it really makes me mad.  Feedback as a seller means, the seller leaves feedback about the transaction, i.e., paid promptly, answered questions quickly, etc.  The feedback should be left for the buyer as soon as the seller receives payment or at least as soon as the item is shipped. 

Come on sellers, you can even set up automatic feedback's and you don't have to do a darn thing.  

Message 1 of 133
latest reply
132 REPLIES 132

Re: Leaving feedback as a seller

YES. I think so

Message 61 of 133
latest reply

Thank you for the reply

, I appreciate the feed back.

Message 62 of 133
latest reply

If that "lengthy positive feedback" for a buyer includes negative details, then I hope you know it's a negative feedback and the buyer can have it removed, leaving you with a defect.  Guess you would have to decide if it's worth it.  

Message 63 of 133
latest reply

I always left positive feedback for buyers as part of the shipping process, right after taping a shipping label on the package. I see it as no different than a store clerk telling a customer "Thank you for your business" at the cash register. Once a buyer has paid, they have completed everything that they are supposed to do.

Message 64 of 133
latest reply

Yeah, I already knew that but it wouldn't be that hard to tweak and allow sellers to leave negative feedback on just those who choose not to pay.  The strikes given are unseen and worthless.

Message 65 of 133
latest reply

I never, as a seller, give feedback right away.  We sellers have a screen that shows all transactions awaiting feedback.  Once FB is left, these transactions leave this screen.  I keep an eye on all tracking and contact the USPS on the buyer's behalf if there is an issue.  For my convenience, they are all on this screen.   Once delivered, I leave FB.  I hate when a buyer begs for FB.      

evry1nositswindy  •  seller since 2013
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 66 of 133
latest reply

"I see it as no different than a store clerk telling a customer 'Thank you for your business' at the cash register."

Sorry, but that's an obvious "apples and oranges" comparison:  the customer at the cash register has already handled and examined the item to be purchased before committing to purchase at the cash register; while eBay customers commit to purchase BEFORE they've handled and examined the item.  The difference is in the details of the purchase situation.

In addition, buyers at "brick & mortar" stores cannot open "item not received" cases against the seller after checking out at a cash register, since the cash register receipt invalidates their claim.  And buyers who deliberately mangle and break items purchased at "b&m" stores are not allowed to return those items to the seller for a full refund.  Finally, buyers at "b&m" stores do NOT receive a refund BEFORE returning an "item not as described" purchase -- there are NO "b&m" retailers stupid enough to refund a buyer BEFORE examining the returned merchandise.

The comparison to "b&m" sales is a fallacy, and should be avoided.

Message 67 of 133
latest reply

I don't really consider a transaction over until the buyer has received the item and lets me know they are satisfied with it (or in rare cases, works with me to resolve an issue).  If that doesn't happen, the buyer could later complain, open a case, etc.  It may sound petty, but I don't want to leave feedback for somebody who could later scam me.  I don't see why this is a big deal for you, if you want good feedback, just leave it.  

Message 68 of 133
latest reply

Good feedback left by a buyer doesn't eliminate the option for that buyer to open a case later.

Message 69 of 133
latest reply

You can always revise or reply to feedback.  Just as we sellers need feedback left so other buyers can read how previous sells have gone, so do buyers.

Message 70 of 133
latest reply

Why not put in effort to show your appreciation for a buyer choosing your item over someone else?  You attract more bee's with honey than nothing at all. 

Message 71 of 133
latest reply

I am an honest person, if my buyer lies about an order that is their Karma not mine.

Message 72 of 133
latest reply

@inhawaii wrote:

I think both buyers AND sellers should not leave feedback

until the other person leaves feedback first.

Don’t put your gun down until the other guy does.

606B6B83-478F-41E3-81DF-EF5D454FDFAE.gif

Message 73 of 133
latest reply

Yes, being allowed to leave negative feedback for a buyer should still be something we can utilize.  I have reviewed buyers feedbacks in the past to see if they are really interested in the item or just wasting my time.  There is always the option to "Block" a buyer.   I started to sell on eBay in 2020 and then stopped for a bit, opened a new account and so many things had changed for sellers.  The one thing that really got my attention, was so many feedbacks being required to be able to list items.   There was a time when large retailers could not list on eBay, which as a buyer I found I could get some good deals from an individual, now it is not the case.  It annoys me when "fake" items are for sale and the seller is a "Top Seller", yet I get a slap on the hand for using the word "Onesie".  The term onesie is a trademarked word and is owned by Gerber.   Sorry I'm so off course here, thank you for your reply.

Message 74 of 133
latest reply

Acknowledgement from a seller of my choice to purchase an item from them, paying promptly, and appreciation of the business.  Do you shop where people are rude and unappreciative of your business? 

Message 75 of 133
latest reply