cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LOSING FEEDBACK -WHATS UP WITH THIS NOW!!

Its bad enough trying to adapt to all the changes made by ebay and the dragged out navigation process to  list items. Then my mistake of shipping an electronic stereo component from Canada to Calif to receive that dreadful email from ebay saying the buyer is asking for a refund. I will never ever again ship sensitive electronic equipment that works perfectly to the US. Nothing but a headache and Negative feedback that I have not received in over 10-15 years.I was always 100 %  and took great pride in my shipping to the US.

If this wasn't enough to endure -I notice that I lose a point off my feedback total????-**bleep**???--when did this start?????

I've been with ebay for 23 years and I don't seem to recall them taking points away??--

So not only do I receive a NEGATIVE  feedback --but Ebay then takes another one away!!! from 100% to 93% from a buyer who has been with ebay for only 8 months with 0(ZERO) feedback rating. He gets to keep the machine as well as receiving a full refund -and he's still allowed to leave me negative feedback. Well I guess I won't be leaving him any negative feedback because apparently us honest sellers can't. Thank you ebay.

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Your feedback rating is based on the last 12 months of feedback, not lifetime.  It's likely one simply rolled off at the same time as the negative feedback arrived (close enough at least).

And of course you can't leave negative feedback for buyers.  That's horrible customer service even if you think they "deserve" it.  And if you think they deserve it, you're not handling yourself professionally.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Your feedback rating is based on the last 12 months of feedback, not lifetime.  It's likely one simply rolled off at the same time as the negative feedback arrived (close enough at least).

And of course you can't leave negative feedback for buyers.  That's horrible customer service even if you think they "deserve" it.  And if you think they deserve it, you're not handling yourself professionally.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Simple math!

1126 - 1 = 1125

when did this start?????

September 3, 1995

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Selling something like that from Canada to USA...buyer was with eBay for 8 months with 0 feedback.

It's a losing situation if it's a return where you have to send a prepaid return label to buyer.

Should have just given a refund...we have all had a bad sale from a buyer. Some buyers are really touchy about a hassle from a seller. Sounds like maybe eBay stepped in and gave buyer the refund. But not really sure.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

For every negative feedback you lose a positive. Its been this way for as long as I remember. I joined in 2004.

This screenshot is from your feedback page by clicking on the (i) it gives you information on how eBay arrived at your feedback percentage. Keep in mind feedback is calculated over the last 12 months not from the day you joined. 
IMG_1629.jpeg

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

thanks you-just don't remember ever losing feedback

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

You should have done your homework on the buyer before shipping.

You should be able to respond to the negative feedback and explain your case / position for everyone to read. 

Overall, the buyer was probably up to no good. Looking for a freebie. 

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

@sextons-sweet-deals wrote:

You should have done your homework on the buyer before shipping.

Please stop recommending this.  It's a waste of time as you can't prevent issues on the buyer's side.  All you can do is do your job correctly and stop worrying.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

@sextons-sweet-deals wrote:

You should be able to respond to the negative feedback and explain your case / position for everyone to read. 

@stillyesic did respond to the feedback and IMO, the seller didn't do himself any favors. The response reflects poorly on the seller. 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

I think I've been on ebay for too long- I've been negative free for over 15 years now and I guess I just took it too personal. I was proud of my rating and never will this happen again for hopefully another many years. I will suck it up and stay as Positive(+) as I can be!!---thanks to all who responded and straighten it out for me. I will prevail!!!-- HAPPY EBAY EVERYONE!!

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

No apology for ebay?

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 11 of 11
latest reply