cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keep getting reported for price gouging

brenda19622
Adventurer

Was wondering why Ebay keeps removing my listing for price gouging on my handmade face mask. I sell them for $7 and pay $4.30 for shipping and then when considering the price of fabric,  thread, packing materials  gas to go to post office, and hell even electric to run the sewing machine and iron, and then the time to make them, I actually probably make a $1. My last one sold yesterday and ebay removed it AFTER selling it and ebay removed buyers address so I had to go to PayPal to get the address. Oh I almost forgot after paying PayPal fees and Ebay's fees I make nothing...so PayPal and Ebay the only ones making money...

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Keep getting reported for price gouging

The price has nothing to do with it.  Masks have been banned from being sold on ebay. 

Undone - Bachman & Cummings

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

The price has nothing to do with it.  Masks have been banned from being sold on ebay. 

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Those items are banned on eBay.

Read here:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Announcements/UPDATE-Important-information-about-listings-associated-w...

I am not an eBay employee. I'm a US eBay Community Mentor.
Sunny

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Just donate them. 

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

The sale of masks was banned by eBay on March 5th.  Stop selling them.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Hi, it is critically important never to relist an item that has had a takedown. Multiple violations can result in a seller getting suspended, sometimes for good with no chance for reinstatement. Even if you believe the takedown is in error, it is still risky to relist if you desire to sell here in the future. Once on eBay’s radar, a seller must be scrupulously careful not to violate policy again. 

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Thank all of you for answering.  I didn't know they were banned 

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

You should't have shipped them. Usually when ebay takes down a completed listing, they refund the buyer immediately... Watch for possible credit coming to your PayPal account.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

@sunnysouth1 wrote:

Read here:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Announcements/UPDATE-Important-information-about-listings-associated-w...

Apparently if they are coming from Bangkok Thailand they aren't banned. The last sale was on 3/21/20.

Screenshot_2020-03-27 5-Pc Washable Reusable Face Mask 3 Layers (Artificial Silk,Polyester,Cottonpoly) eBay.jpg

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

@long-gone wrote:

@sunnysouth1 wrote:

Read here:

Apparently if they are coming from Bangkok Thailand they aren't banned. The last sale was on 3/21/20.

Screenshot_2020-03-27 5-Pc Washable Reusable Face Mask 3 Layers (Artificial Silk,Polyester,Cottonpoly) eBay.jpg

Yes, all I can do is post the policy however it's true that eBay is not taking down some listings for some reason. I've asked about this on our chat board.

I am not an eBay employee. I'm a US eBay Community Mentor.
Sunny

Message 10 of 10
latest reply