cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just sold iPhone to new member with 0 feedback score. Scared to ship.

So I listed my iPhone working in great condition as a buy it now item, and just sold it to a buyer who apparently opened their account today with zero feedback score. 

The buyer does have a US physical address in an apartment but I am worried about scams. I set the iPhone up as an item with no returns, but am worried they will try to scam by claiming a problem with the item. 

What is the best way to proceed here? Am I bieng too cautious? 

Message 1 of 30
latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

Re: Just sold iPhone to new member with 0 feedback score. Scared to ship.

Obviously I will ship the item because the buyer payed immediateley. I am sort of also asking for previous experience from other sellers with new accounts @ zero feedback.

Message 2 of 30
latest reply

Did you check your Paypal acount to be sure you got paid, or are you going by an email that says you got paid?

ALWAYS check your PP account.  Don't ship til you are told it is ok.

And check these Boards before you list something~to know what you are dealing with.

No returns mean nothing if you get a SNAD.  (Significantly Not As Described).

The MBG overrides your no returns policy.  So if you wanted it back, you would pay return shipping, and refund original price and original shipping when you get it back.

Others should be along soon with more help.

Message 3 of 30
latest reply

I would be also,
EBAY does not back the sellers , Its all about the customers.
And they dont care, Because 1 seller leaves who got smart, and 5 More suckers come and open up a acct, thinking they are going to get rich,
Little do they Know, the Profit margins are slim to none. Unless you give free shipping you end up on the bottom of the barrel of the search,

They are screwing everyone from the top rated seller discount.,
So again, I would be very careful shipping anything of real value.
Its more then likely a scam, and EBAY WILL NOT BACK IT> THEY WILL SIDE WITH the Dishonest Thief before the side with the honest seller

BE WARE !!!!!!!!!!!
Message 4 of 30
latest reply

I set the iPhone up as an item with no returns, 

You do realize that there is no such thing as no returns.

When a buyer files SNAD, then yes yu will have to accept the return or ebay will step in and do it for you.

Message 5 of 30
latest reply

Yes, money showed up in PayPal account and eBay told me to ship. No scam was sent to my e-mail showing a fake PP transaction ( yes, i've seen those show up before )

I'm just worried the buyer might try to do something weird like ship back a different broken phone (Parts Swapping). If that happened, is there anything I could do or would I be out of luck?

Message 6 of 30
latest reply

@skyler440 wrote:

Yes, money showed up in PayPal account and eBay told me to ship. No scam was sent to my e-mail showing a fake PP transaction ( yes, i've seen those show up before )

I'm just worried the buyer might try to do something weird like ship back a different broken phone (Parts Swapping). If that happened, is there anything I could do or would I be out of luck?

You would be out of luck.

You really only have two honest choices:

1) Take a chance that this happens to be an honest buyer

or

2) Cancel the transaction as "out of stock", take a serious defect to your account (that you only get a few of before your selling privileges are revoked), and do not attempt to sell it here again).

It's a cruddy situation to be in, but that's really the size of it. If your gut tells you something will go wrong, then maybe you want to consider taking the hit, and just be careful not to take anymore "hits", and stick to selling lower priced items ($100 and under).

Best of luck with whatever you decided though.

Message 7 of 30
latest reply

if you're scared to ship and would be upset if you're scammed don't ship it. Cancel and relist. You may get a negative but it's up to you what you want to risk. I wouldn't ship it.
Message 8 of 30
latest reply

0 feedbacks have been my some of my best customers, except 1.

Message 9 of 30
latest reply

What seems fishy to me is the random string of numbers in the username

firstname.lastname.f7483udhvl

Gives me the impression that this user has possibly made several accounts.

Message 10 of 30
latest reply

@usgamecollector wrote:
if you're scared to ship and would be upset if you're scammed don't ship it. Cancel and relist. You may get a negative but it's up to you what you want to risk. I wouldn't ship it.

Please do not leave out the most important part about the defect. We need to make that very clear to new sellers.

Message 11 of 30
latest reply

@skyler440 wrote:

Gives me the impression that this user has possibly made several accounts..

feedback does not tell you anything about a buyer. A buyer with 10,000 feedbacks can and will scam you just easily as a 0 feedback member. If you are afraid of a zero feedback buyer, you should be even more afraid of an experienced buyer. An experienced buyer knows the ropes.

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 12 of 30
latest reply

If it is expensive - I would normally place a signature confirmation added to the shipping - so the "real person has to sign for it" and it does not get dropped off at a vacant residence or someplace re-directed.

Message 13 of 30
latest reply

@skyler440 wrote:

Gives me the impression that this user has possibly made several accounts.

It's most likely a guest account. Someone without an eBay ID set up.

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 14 of 30
latest reply

I don't know much about cell phones but I do know that You need all the numbers in the phone to prove that it was Your phone. (serial Numbers etc) Then if the person tries some kind of scam that You can have it bricked IF YOU don't get it back or get the wrong one back. 

Message 15 of 30
latest reply