cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just a seller's rant

Came home to a return request. Who the heck opens a return request on Christmas Day? You couldn't wait until tomorrow?

I'd also like to know how when they claim 3 out of 4 were delivered the refund request is for the ONE item cost plus the FULL shipping for all 4?

eta: (thanks that big red banner when I tried to post btw)

They apparently opened an INR but in the message it says they want the one they claim I didn't send (I know I did as I double check multiple orders, but I can't prove it, can I?) when it should have been a SNAD (missing items).

Do I add tracking & close it out and make them open a SNAD?

Or send them a message that I'll (cough) send the missing one?

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Just a seller's rant

I guess I should be grateful I didn't get a message detailing how I'd 'ruined' some kid's Christmas and upset the "whole family".
Message 2 of 22
latest reply

Just a seller's rant

The Grinch opened a Case ?

O.K. - Upload Tracking & wait.

Send them an eMail to check packing materials for missing item.

Forget about this & enjoy your time w/ Family & Friends.

Making my list...checkin' it twice... 'gonna find out, who's naughty or nice...
Message 3 of 22
latest reply

Just a seller's rant

I REALLY wish buyers would contact sellers before jumping to open these requests. It's SO much easier to handle than it is once ebay is involved.

I could have asked her to check the box again, apologised profusely and sent a replacement.

Now I have an open case that won't close unless I refund but the buyer wants a replacement NOT a refund and of course the "flow' isn't set up to do replacements unless you set that up when you do the listing. (god only knows why it can't be an option at the return request level).

So I guess my only option is to send another and HOPE the buyer closes out the case when they get it?

Oh and Khoros - I'm getting REALLY sick of that stupid red banner.

Message 4 of 22
latest reply

Just a seller's rant

They bought them Dec 1st so am I to assume they never even unpacked the box to check before they gave it to the kid? SMH

Message 5 of 22
latest reply

Just a seller's rant

@pink.fish.rule wrote:

Who the heck opens a return request on Christmas Day? You couldn't wait until tomorrow?

Who posts complaints about buyers on Christmas Day? You couldn't wait until tomorrow? 😄

Message 6 of 22
latest reply

Just a seller's rant

@pink.fish.rule wrote:

They bought them Dec 1st so am I to assume they never even unpacked the box to check before they gave it to the kid? SMH

Probably not?  My mother would always leave boxes of Christmas stuff she'd ordered for us sealed up so that there was no way we could go snooping around in them without making it obvious that we'd done so.

Message 7 of 22
latest reply

Just a seller's rant

@pink.fish.rule wrote:

Came home to a return request. Who the heck opens a return request on Christmas Day? You couldn't wait until tomorrow?

I'd also like to know how when they claim 3 out of 4 were delivered the refund request is for the ONE item cost plus the FULL shipping for all 4?

eta: (thanks that big red banner when I tried to post btw)

They apparently opened an INR but in the message it says they want the one they claim I didn't send (I know I did as I double check multiple orders, but I can't prove it, can I?) when it should have been a SNAD (missing items).

Do I add tracking & close it out and make them open a SNAD?

Or send them a message that I'll (cough) send the missing one?

Yes.

Were they all 4 in the same package?  If so, then, 'Please return for full refund'.

Merry Christmas, too.

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 8 of 22
latest reply

Just a seller's rant

Yeah I could do that but I won't. I'm not going to make a kid return something he got for Christmas.

I'll just mail out another.
Message 9 of 22
latest reply

Just a seller's rant

To be honest I dont wait to make a claim when I see my item is not how it should be.

I don't care about any holiday I want to inform them at the time I found out. 

Is rather simple really, I just want to be honest about it and waiting would make me feel wrong so.....

Message 10 of 22
latest reply

Just a seller's rant

Maybe they're some poor slob like me who is working on Christmas. Smiley Sad 

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
#NoKing
Message 11 of 22
latest reply

Just a seller's rant

@pink.fish.rule wrote:
Yeah I could do that but I won't. I'm not going to make a kid return something he got for Christmas.

I'll just mail out another.

How much ya wanna bet there are no 'kids' involved? 

No way to ever really tell, but considering the time of year and the way a lot of people act nowadays, I would be willing to lay odds.   Smiley Sad  Smiley Mad

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 12 of 22
latest reply

Just a seller's rant

@chapeau-noir wrote:

Maybe they're some poor slob like me who is working on Christmas. Smiley Sad 

me too, last night and tonight

Message 13 of 22
latest reply

Just a seller's rant

@pink.fish.rule wrote:

Who the heck opens a return request on Christmas Day?

Or someone that has the day off so has the time to do it now?

Message 14 of 22
latest reply

Just a seller's rant

Um.... me.

I was sitting around in the hospital waiting to be released (minor but yucky surgery), and between work and being sick was right up on the deadline to do the return.

Thought about doing 2 but the restocking fee was so high it was kind of flip a coin worth it or not.

I have to admit - I shop the River all the time for the new stuff, teacher items, books, and one day free shipping.....

But the item descriptions can be pretty shoddy and haphazard.

Message 15 of 22
latest reply