cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item reported as counterfeit and removed

I recently list a Walky Dog Plus bicycle leash item #354258489632.  This was new in open box. Walky Dog Products reported it to ebay as counterfeit and ebay removed item.

Reached out to Walky Dog Products and they asked me to send them photos of item.  I did that but they said photos had to be in PDF files.  I transferred to PDF and resent photos. Now they don't respond to me at all.

How can someone report a legitimate item as counterfeit with their name on product and box and ebay take their word for it and remove listing.

Do I have any recourse?

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Just do what they are asking.  Good luck.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Sounds like they belong to VERO, and when a company deems theres a fake listing, yes, Ebay will pull it..nothing you can do.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Unfortunately, if Ebay deems the item to be counterfeit, there isn't a whole lot you can do.  My suggestion is not to list it again.  Their site, their decision.  Sorry for your situation. 

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

There are legal recourses to false accusations, so saying there is nothing you can do is not true.  

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

I have just had exactly the same thing - WalkyDog Plus bicycle leash removed as they reported it as counterfeit.  Bought from a reputable source several years ago and selling as used, in original packaging with all relevant instructions.  I have challenged Walkydog to justify their claim and waiting to hear.  Ebay chat said to go back to them if I don't get a response in 5 working days.  Principle here so I will persist.  I suspect Walkydog want to sell items themselves and not allow anyone else to sell them.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

From experience if they don't respond to you, you contact ebay, ebay messages the vero member and if they also don't respond to ebay, ebay will tell you so sad too bad sucks to be you, don't relist it.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

I do not like when this happens imo but just accept you cannot list this item on eBay to protect yourself from the risk of your account  being suspended.

Is the risk worth it?

Sell it on another venue online or off options are available.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply