cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item removed for VeRO policy that had already sold almost 2 months ago?

I need help with understanding this please.

I woke this morning to a message saying an item...pair of shoes...that the listing had been removed due to VeRO policy. I sold these shoes almost 2 months ago. I didn't have an active listing.

Then it went on to say that this was my 2nd warning...and next time i would be suspended for 3 days.

I'm no shoe expert of course, just a lady trying to provide some income for my family. But that's not even the issue, I didn't have an active listing that had to be removed. And I have not heard any negative review or comments or even a message from the purchaser.

Can someone please help me understand all of this.

Thank you

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Item removed for VeRO policy that had already sold almost 2 months ago?

If you violated a brands IP rights in the recent past, you are treated in the same manner as if you are trying to sell the item today, as you found out.

The fact that it was sold within the past 90 days does not protect you from a VeRo claim.

You will need to educate yourself about many of the products you sell to continue selling here.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

They did the same thing to me back in 2015. They sent me multiple warnings demanding I remove a listing that had already sold months earlier. A few weeks then goes by and my account is suspended. When I contacted ebay, they told me I needed to remove the listing, which is impossible because there was no listing to remove.

The whole Vero system is totally broken, always has been, and its horribly abused by major brands.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

One can educate themselves all they like, but the reality is that brands abuse Vero to file invalid and obviously illegal claims like its a sport.

I got hit with a Vero claim for selling Furminators, with the company claiming the items were counterfeit. Never mind the fact my family ran a pet supply business and was a licensed distributor of their products. We literally sold these products by the millions to pet supply stores all over the U.S., we were the distributor.

I was told to reach out to the brand, they never responded. Tried contacting them thru our company, again no response.

When I tried to offer ebay receipts to prove Spectrum brands lied, I was told I could not. I was never allowed to even speak with anyone from the Vero team at all.

You have zero defense when it comes to these false vero claims.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@gamersbaystore wrote:

The whole Vero system is totally broken, always has been, and its horribly abused by major brands.

Not the most broken thing here but very, very close

Message 5 of 5
latest reply