cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item on facebook been sold but have 2 bids on ebay

So I put my ps4 on Facebook and ebay just in case one didn't workout and I already sold it on Facebook but because it's on auction and 2 bids what can I do so I don't have to pay the value fee of whatever the highest bid is?

Message 1 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

as far as i know, you if you cancel the auction with the bids, you will be on the hook for the fee as though it sold....

you will also get a strike on your account....

or you can run out and buy one quick for the auction...

or you can cancel the facebook sale

Message 2 of 24
latest reply

@49ersfa_3 wrote:

So I put my ps4 on Facebook and ebay just in case one didn't workout and I already sold it on Facebook but because it's on auction and 2 bids what can I do so I don't have to pay the value fee of whatever the highest bid is?

Instead of screwing the eBay buyers how about doing it to the FB buyer?

Next time you double list use Fixed Price instead of an Auction.

Message 3 of 24
latest reply

It is tricky listing the same items on multiple venues, as you encountered, especially for an in-demand gaming item. You may be stuck paying eBay’s Final Value fee, no way around that. It’s at eBay’s discretion.

If you decide to stiff the eBay buyers and end your auction, if there is still more than 12 hours before the ending time, you can cancel the bids, and then end the listing. See the link below for the policies and ramifications of ending an auction early.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/listings/creating-managing-listings/ending-listing?id=4146

Message 4 of 24
latest reply

Cross listing always carries this risk. It looks like you addressed your questions since the item is no longer active. While I cross list items and I use the auction format on eBay if I potentially sell the item on another venue I will always check eBay to make sure I don't have bids on the item and if not I simply end the auction. If I do have bids then I will deal with the buyers on the other venues a lot of which are simply initial inquiries of the items availability. 

Message 5 of 24
latest reply

Yes, you will owe the fee.  This is not a smart practice and you risk losing your selling abilities.  EBay does not like it when sellers disappoint buyers.

evry1nositswindy  •  seller since 2013
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 6 of 24
latest reply

You shouldn't have listed the item on Facebook until your  eBay auction was finished without getting any bids, but since you had it running on both venues at the same time, you should have canceled your Facebook listing the instant you received a bid on your eBay auction.  I hope you're just as concerned about inconveniencing the 2 eBay bidders as you are about trying to avoid some measly eBay fee for canceling.

Message 7 of 24
latest reply

You are in more of a pickle now. I see you ended the listing early BUT chose to sell to the current high bidder.

Now you will have to cancel the sale as out of stock. The bidder can leave negative feedback and you earn defect.

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 8 of 24
latest reply

Major mistake. This will cost you on Ebay since you have 0 feedback. Going negative on this is again a major blunder. 

Message 9 of 24
latest reply

@49ersfa_3 

That's is very unprofessional and bad way to do business, because what happened to you is the result.  Now you're going to get a defect on ebay.  That's a real quick way to end your new selling account. I suggest you refrain from listing in that fashion in the future.  Sell it on either one platform or the other.  Not both. 

Message 10 of 24
latest reply

What can you do?

Don't list the same item on 2 different sites simultaneously.

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 11 of 24
latest reply

what you can do is to stop doing this

you need to cancel the bids and pay the piper or just say no to the facebook buyer

@49ersfa_3 

Germantown proud Germantown strong
up the whiskey hickon
moving right along
Message 12 of 24
latest reply

Choose to list on one site or the other - never on both.

Over the period of about 10 years of my 25-year selling career here, I did cross-listing just like you -- eBay and Amazon, the exact same items. I had to be constantly keeping track of sales on both sites, IMMEDIATELY updating the available quantity or canceling the sale of the last one on the opposite site once the items sold out. Occasionally I would forget to do so, and got into a pickle when the same last item sold on the other site. This wasn't a problem when I had multiple quantities, as I just had to update the available quantity on the opposite site and keep track especially when the available quantity was only 1.

You guessed it -- Once or twice a year I got a defect on one site or the other. Fortunately I had enough sales here on eBay that it never dropped me into below standard, and I was lucky enough to avoid any negative feedbacks. But keeping track of sales back and forth became such a hassle that I eventually dropped Amazon entirely. Deleting everything on Amazon was a good move, as I sold up to 20 times better of the exact same items on eBay than I sold on Amazon anyway. I learned my lesson years ago that I cannot trust my memory or get to it on time when cross-listing, and a few times the last item sold on both sites within an hour of each other.

Cheers, Duffy 

Message 13 of 24
latest reply

You need to cancel each bid. and THEN end the listing.  If I recall correctly, the first time you do that, you don't get any fees.  The 2nd time, ebay will charge you a fee. That fee will be the highest bid price.  Pay the ebay fee and do NOT double post items.  Make sure you know where you want to sell the item and stick to that choice.  Goodluck.

Message 14 of 24
latest reply

I also see that you are advertising games, stating the games are not included and you are offering those at 5 bucks each outside of ebay.

That is fee avoidance and a huge policy violation.

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 15 of 24
latest reply