cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item description is not showing on mobile app

I noticed some one asked this a couple of years ago but did not see any response from Ebay.  This is regarding the one-line description we sellers place at the top of our listings.  I had a buyer tell me she couldn't see the description on her mobile app.   This is pretty unsettling because on the desktop app the description shows just below the listing title.   It's great because the buyer can see the condition (new, used, like new etc) as well as a short description of any issues the buyer really needs to know.  But on the phone app, you need to click on the "about this listing" arrow to see it.  So in my case, my buyer felt I had not disclosed that info.  Yes, I could have blamed them for not clicking on all the arrows but the buyer has a great point.

Hey Ebay, can you address this issue ?  I think my buyer has a really good point. 

Thx

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Item description is not showing on mobile app

You'll find many sellers and buyers agree, that eBay "hides" that info making it too difficult for buyers to find, often sticking sponsored ads above item description.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Thanks WastingTime for your response.   Every time Ebay asks for a suggestion I plan to make my case for this.  The thing that really gets me is this is not all about the seller.... buyers  are the most to benefit from this info before making their decision. 

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

@betubid wrote:

Thanks WastingTime for your response.   Every time Ebay asks for a suggestion I plan to make my case for this.  The thing that really gets me is this is not all about the seller.... buyers  are the most to benefit from this info before making their decision. 

This is very true, however buyers can get overwhelmed by looking at a long winded seller's description too, especially on a mobile device.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

That "one line" description is actually the condition box - it's meant to enlarge on the item's condition only. I'm amazed that eBay makes that so difficult to find as it's pretty basic, but there it is. 😒

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@chapeau-noir wrote:

That "one line" description is actually the condition box - it's meant to enlarge on the item's condition only. I'm amazed that eBay makes that so difficult to find as it's pretty basic, but there it is. 😒

Right, it used to be listed directly under the IS condition (new/used/etc) but eBay moved it into the item specifics. To find "seller's condition notes" or whatever they labeled it, a buyer has to expand item specifics.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply