cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item Sold over 2 Months ago & was still showing as Active Listing

I sold an item over 2 months ago and the listing was still active until someone else purchased it today. My site preferences  is set to not list items Out of Stock. When I checked through my emails I found that someone had made an offer on the item 3 weeks after it had sold, which I informed them that the item was already sold. I have gone through some of my listings and I am finding items that were sold years ago and were still actively listed. 

Another problem I have noticed is when I receive a Best Offer or If I send a Best Offer and the item is sold the item shows up in my Unsold and Not Relisted area of the Manage Ended Listings.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

@monkeemilk3 wrote:

My site preferences  is set to not list items Out of Stock. 

That statement makes no sense.

Set not to list items?

There is no such preference.

Do you have the OOS (out of stock) option turned on?

If so, when you have 0 in stock, the item is not searchable and nobody can purchase it.

If you sold one, it wasn't out of stock.

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

The preference states

Listing Stays active when your out of stock and it gives you the option to make it active or inactive17A72D4C-9462-4CD3-8AF9-F4325AF81B65.jpeg

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

That switch is for the OOS option, to turn it ON or OFF.

When it is ON your listings stays active when you're out of stock and the count shows 0 in stock.

People are unable to search for your item.

People are unable to buy your item.

When it is OFF you and you sell your last/only item, the listing ends.

People are unable to search for your item.

People are unable to buy your item.

So when you say "My site preferences  is set to not list items Out of Stock" i'm not sure what you mean.

So if you have that option turned OFF and you sold a item two months ago and it still remained listed and someone just bought it again, that's either a glitch OR you made a mistake and somehow re-listed it. Most sellers choose glitch.  

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 4 of 4
latest reply