cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item Lost In Post

Had a buyer contact me to say item hadn't arrived. When I checked tracking the parcel had been delivered (there was even a photo of the package on his doorstep). 

Who has to contact the delivery service? 

The seller or the buyer?

Thanks

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Item Lost In Post

There is nothing for you to check. Ask your buyer to check with his USPS mail person to   see  if he might have delivered

package to his neighbor by mistake. Also ask him to check with members of his household in case they picked up package and didn't tell him.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Item Lost In Post

Tell the buyer they need to check with the carrier.

Also ask them about the photo, if it their house?

If it isn't, maybe the carrier go back and try to pick it up.

If it is, then it could have been stolen, then they need to file a police report.

Have a great day
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Item Lost In Post

If you have a delivery scan (probably even better with that photo, though I don't know that eBay cares), you're all set as far as eBay's concerned.  It's your responsibility to make sure it gets to their location specified, not to make sure it's not stolen after delivery.  You can be nice and offer to contact the post office for a GPS coordinate of the dropoff location to make sure it's the right place, if you feel like it, but you don't have to.  If the photo matches their house, they probably got hit by a porch pirate and will have to file a police report if they want anything to happen, for all the good that will likely do.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Item Lost In Post

Last I knew USPS did not take any delivery photos.

Seller is in the  UK

Message 5 of 5
latest reply