cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's been a while coming, but today I raise my shipping prices.

I've eaten 3 USPS price increases, but with the extra ebay fee on top of them I'm going to increase my shipping price by 25%. Simplest way to fix that. Since this particular ID sells in 10 day auctions we are coming up on the new fee implementation as they close. I'll update all new listings and start updating my existing listings without bids starting with the ones furthest from closing.

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Re: It's been a while coming, but today I raise my shipping prices.

That price would make me cry too...... 😂

Message 16 of 21
latest reply

Most of my coins actually sell for 99 cents so after shipping and fees I was making .70-72 (not including envelope, label, 2x2, baggie, paper, toner and item cost!)

Have you considered just handing out the coins on street corners to random strangers?

That might save you time and money.

The minimum wage here is 27c a minute.

Time is money.

Message 17 of 21
latest reply

@reallynicestamps wrote:

Wouldn't it be simpler to use Calculated Shipping and have the price change automatically?

It also allows for destination pricing.

If you find the 12.35% fee on domestic shipping burdensome, you could add a Handling Fee. The buyer does not, I believe, see that as a line item.

Do US sellers not have the option of Calculated Shipping?

We do, yes.  I've seen it as an option, but I've never used it.

Maybe I will consider it.

Your Handling Fee comment kind of sparked me.

I haven't noticed that as an option when putting in a new listing.

How does that work?   Where is it?  

Has anyone else used it?  How does the buyer perceive it?

Message 18 of 21
latest reply

I highly recommend calculated shipping and you can also add a handling fee if need be.  A buyer will only see one postage/handling cost -- it isn't broken down for them.   Of course if you offer a flat rate that eliminates the handling fee entry since it isn't needed---just raise the flat rate.

Message 19 of 21
latest reply

@chariot_badges wrote: ... Your Handling Fee comment kind of sparked me.

I haven't noticed that as an option when putting in a new listing.

How does that work?   Where is it?  

Has anyone else used it?  How does the buyer perceive it?

The box for entering a handling fee shows up if you choose calculated shipping. As noted in the other post, here's no need to set up a separate handling fee if you're charging a flat price for shipping and handling.  Either way, the buyer sees a single price for "Shipping and handling."  

The shipping calculator in eBay listings defaults to show the retail prices.  In your site preferences, you can change this to show the eBay prices, but many sellers leave it at retail, and then the online discount seres as a built-in handling fee.

Message 20 of 21
latest reply

@ebooksdiva wrote:

Thanks for the update...but I'm not entirely sure why you needed to explain it to the community.

It helps justify and solidify the increase mentally, pumping it up, making it happen.

Message 21 of 21
latest reply