cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's Time to Reimburse Buyers for Return Packaging

When buyers receive  items not as described or defective, and need to return the item, very often they incurred additional cost to package the item before returning it. That's because, to open the package, one must destroy the onetime use packaging. eBay needs to take that into consideration and factor that in the refund process.

Buyers should never lose money just because they shopped on eBay. Sellers get the ability to deduct from their taxes for return merchandise whereas buyers do not.

eBay must create the ability for buyers to upload receipt for packages when they need to return items either not as described or item is defective so sellers can reimburse buyers.

Message 1 of 106
latest reply
105 REPLIES 105

Re: It's Time to Reimburse Buyers for Return Packaging

@sumsum70 wrote:

eBay already gives sellers the shaft in just about every possible way, so your suggestion is more stupidity.

Later drater!

@sumsum70 wrote:

eBay already gives sellers the shaft in just about every possible way, so your suggestion is more stupidity.

Later drater!

Another toxic response, it appears. Remember, Sellers would never received payment not as described.

Message 61 of 106
latest reply

@kickin.assets wrote:

LOL ……. absolutely, no

So, you prefer jail time for shipping ITEMS NOT AS DESCRIBED?

Message 62 of 106
latest reply

@sumsum70 wrote:

Here is an even better idea - eBay gives sellers the ability to block buyers who complain, leave bad feedback and open returns more often than most buyers. Until then, I just have to add you to my BBL manually.

Go ahead...be sure your listing never shows when I search eBay...can you also do that?

Message 63 of 106
latest reply

@tools* wrote:

What is this onetime use packaging of which you speak?

Those bubble self-glued envelop...do you even seen them?

Message 64 of 106
latest reply

@gone.c-33 wrote:

@9ahau wrote:

@ebooksdiva wrote:

What an absolutely ridiculous idea! 
Sellers already pay a return label. I am a seller I wouldn't be paying for a buyer to purchase packaging. Buyers need to open packages carefully in case they decide they don't want the item to repurpose the packaging for the return.  
There are no retailers that pay for packaging to return items so why should eBay sellers? 

You say why should buyers lose money when returning...why should sellers have to lose more money because buyers want to return? 

Remember, online shopping  mimics buying at a physical store...buying at a physical would never present the buyer with an item NOT AS DESCRIBED...only online shopping does. Also, if one buys a defective item at the store, buyer does not incur a cost of the container it came in; however, the buyer incurs a cost to return the defective whether it's the buyer's time and/or gas.

Remember, sellers have a tax deductible for return merchandise whereas buyer's do not...did you read what I said?

Those self-glued envelop  does not hold up under careful, and again, the buyer got NOT AS DESCRIBED item.

You never purchased a box/sealed item in a store and found out upon unboxing/taking it out of the packaging that it was malfunctioning?

If so, you’ve lived a blessed life, but it happens, and no one returning such item is reimbursed for their time/cost of travel to return to the store.

@9ahau I’d really like to know your thoughts on this 

Message 65 of 106
latest reply

READ HIS FEEDBACK LEFT FOR OTHERS..... TOTAL W H A C K 

Message 66 of 106
latest reply

@yuzuha wrote:

@therogue-trader wrote:

What one-time use packaging are you referring to?  I've never received a package that couldn't be opened without destroying the packaging.

Yeah, every single return I've ever had has come back in the exact same packaging I sent it out in. The buyer just put the return label on the same box and shipped it right back out.

@yuzuha wrote:

@therogue-trader wrote:

What one-time use packaging are you referring to?  I've never received a package that couldn't be opened without destroying the packaging.

Yeah, every single return I've ever had has come back in the exact same packaging I sent it out in. The buyer just put the return label on the same box and shipped it right back out.

If it's a box, one can return the box...I am speaking of the bubble self-glued envelop...

Message 67 of 106
latest reply

@pls-consignments wrote:

Umm.... is this a prank? 

Another toxic response, it appears.

Message 68 of 106
latest reply

Yes, I read every absurd word of your post . 

Message 69 of 106
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

Gotta ask: did you really report a seller to the FBI because they were out of stock on an item you purchased @9ahau ?

That seller took payment, didn't not ship the item, did not communicate that the seller was out of stock, the listing did not say out of stock, the seller did not communicate ever, not to me or eBay...

So, that's what IC3 is for, correct? BTW, it's eBay who enlighten me of IC3, some time in 2009.

eBay gave me the money back. eBay does not need sellers like that.

Message 70 of 106
latest reply

I had buyers send returns in the same bubble mailer I sent. With my original shipping label underneath the return label. So if you are tearing bubble mailers to shreds when you receive items you plan on returning, that's your fault not the sellers. So again sellers are not and will never be on the hook for a buyers return packaging.  

Message 71 of 106
latest reply

@bennotbill wrote:

What next, high street shops reimbursing buyers for their time and travelling expenses when they return something to the shop.

May be...but then, the buyer can go to BBB...no so online shopping.

Message 72 of 106
latest reply

@buyselljack2016 wrote:

It might hurt my sales, but I like having new "friends".

If I ever find the need to return something to Wally or Harbor Freight I'm going to ask them to give me a little extra cash for gas I used returning it and see how that goes over.😏

It would be on you if you go to the store and purchase an item not as described...you had the physical item in your hands to inspect, correct?

Message 73 of 106
latest reply

@9ahau wrote:

@tools* wrote:

What is this onetime use packaging of which you speak?

Those bubble self-glued envelop...do you even seen them?

I just snip across the folded-over flap at the end. If I need to reuse (reclose) the envelope, I just run a strip of tape across that end, folding it over to the other side. No big deal.

Message 74 of 106
latest reply

No, not really......

The Internet Crime Complaint Center, or IC3, is the Nation’s central hub for reporting cyber crime. It is run by the FBI, the lead federal agency for investigating cyber crime. Here on our website, you can take two vital steps to protecting cyberspace and your own online security.

First, if you believe you have fallen victim to cyber crime, file a complaint or report. Your information is invaluable to helping the FBI and its partners bring cybercriminals to justice.

Second, get educated about the latest and most harmful cyber threats and scams. By doing so, you will be better able to protect yourself, your family, and your place of work.

Anyone can become a victim of internet crime. Take action for yourself and others by reporting it. Reporting internet crimes can help bring criminals to justice and make the internet a safer place for us all.

eBay can handle what you are dealing with. You file NAD and return. eBay makes sure once the product is returned, you get your money back. If you file an INR, eBay again, will make you whole.

You are using something used to catch cyber criminal for your inconvenience for a return or non receipt of a product.

Okay, you might need to purchase a padded envelope and drop in the mail when you buy online. If it's a B&M store return, it's your gas money.  Everyone ends up with a little skin in the game, it's called life.

Cyber crime isn't someone who sold something they didn't have in stock. You file with eBay and eBay will make you whole/refund.

You also have left sellers negatives because you received a package from Amazon and you purchased on eBay. Well, Amazon does have a program where sellers can use their warehouse to ship products for them. They pay a fee for this, but it isn't a crime.

If enough buyers report or file a case with the same seller enough, eBay does deal with those sellers.

Their fees are increased or they are booted if bad enough.

Sounds like you need a lot of coddling when things are perfect. Life isn't perfect.

We are all human and we all make mistakes. It's how we deal with it that defines us as a person.

Message 75 of 106
latest reply