cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's November 2023 - How are your sales doing? Holiday sales are only going to go up- are you ready?

Traffic should be picking up as buyers start paying more attention to that "days until Christmas" countdown.  How are your sales doing?  What are you doing different this year from other years?  What are you doing the same?

-Bob.

RKS Solutions LLC logo
Ask me about SixBit and the tools I use to sell - I'm happy to share!
"A journey of a thousand miles begins by getting off the couch"
Message 1 of 171
latest reply
170 REPLIES 170

Re: It's November 2023 - How are your sales doing? Holiday sales are only going to go up- are you re

@cyberontix wrote:

Right behind ya. It'll be a bit tough financially, like I'll have to do some p/t stuff and flip antiques on eBay/Etsy, but 9-5 is just no way to live.

@rosachs wrote:

@chapeau-noir wrote:

I've gotten to the end of my seasonal inventory, and I'm not obtaining any more. I'm listing everything this month (should be done in two weeks), then shutting down until mid-January. Going to Hawaii and then I'm pretty sure a few days later going to England and will forget about online sales. I'll be home when I get home. Whenever that will be.

That is the type of schedule I am planning of when I finally decide to get off the W2 bandwagon and just live off SSI and investments.  Just not having to go to work every day will be so so nice...

-Bob.

My wife and I have decided we're not really going to leave the workforce, we're just going to leave the stress of having to earn enough to survive.  Our planner says we're in good shape, which is comforting, but looking at his numbers, we could be doing better.  When the planner says you have $1.25 of income for every $1 of expense, that's good.  If you can get it to $1.50, that's even better.  🙂

-Bob.

RKS Solutions LLC logo
Message 121 of 171
latest reply

Re: It's November 2023 - How are your sales doing? Holiday sales are only going to go up- are you re

@lakefor94 wrote:

@femmefan1946 wrote:

@sakic92710 

With less than 100 listings, there is no economic reason to have a Store.

We get 250 Free Listings - free gratis for nothing- without a Store.

So there's a $45 (?) saving right there.

Lifers always have a store.

Not always.  I've been selling since '97, had a Store for about 8-9 years when I was consignment selling, then dropped it when the '08 Recession screwed everything up.  Today I have three selling IDs and one purchasing ID - gives me all the listings I need, no fees, and I can keep three different product lines separate.  What I don't have at the moment is enough free time to really take advantage of this arrangement.

And yes, eBay does allow multiple IDs per person - there are rules and you better follow them or ALL your IDs will be NARU!  It's an option for me since SixBit keeps my things organized - it does more of the tedious stuff I don't like so I can do more of the interesting stuff I do.

-Bob.

RKS Solutions LLC logo
Message 122 of 171
latest reply

This is my hidden account so troll and childish user can't damage my account by a comment. Since eBay doesn't security Seriously. 

Sales are beyond terrible this year. Last year was very good. This year is a complete joke. Nothing but watcher constantly so eBay can collect relisting fee if you relist it. 

Message 123 of 171
latest reply

@bryo_3145 wrote:

Can't wait for Black Friday so I can fight the crowd and stand in line at 6 a.m. just for a pair of socks. 

Does anyone actually DO that anymore?

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 124 of 171
latest reply

@toomuchstuffagain35 wrote:

@bryo_3145 wrote:

Can't wait for Black Friday so I can fight the crowd and stand in line at 6 a.m. just for a pair of socks. 

Does anyone actually DO that anymore?

Physically it used to rank up there with the Running of the Bulls in Pamplona, but the only time I hear about the Black Friday Rush anymore is Walmart, where people get injured and trampled to death in the rush for the latest Chinese-made plastic dingus. I used to love slam dancing and also boxed, but I don't understand subjecting myself to that kind of abuse when all you stand to win is stupid prizes.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 125 of 171
latest reply

My sales are actually better than last year.  Sales in glassware and china are down but everyday dinnerware sales are up for me.  However, this month, my $ are down compared to last month but that is because I sold a large vintage dinnerware set.  I have a pretty small store so if I get a sale a day I am happy.  Sales for the year are up compared to last year.  This year I started to buy from local online auctions and it has helped my sales.  I don't buy any china sets.  I do my research and try to focus on what is selling.  I have also expanded in other categories.  Research is so important as well as buying cheap to make that profit.  

Everybody have a great Thanksgiving and stay safe.

Message 126 of 171
latest reply

"Can you get socks on Cyber Monday?" At 6 a.m. Maybe for some it's all about the experience and the excitement.  I personally try to avoid the stampede.  "I don't know?" 

Message 127 of 171
latest reply

Me Black Friday shopping.

cat-mad.gif

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 128 of 171
latest reply

@lawnmowerpartsstore2 wrote:

It does seem like buyers are really going to the local venues instead of the on line ordering where the buyer has to use some form of credit or debit, pay sales tax then wait for the item to show up. With market place you see the item, go check it out, talk to people, get out of the house and pay cash so your not adding more debit to their credit card. Times are shifting again 🤔

Facebook MarketPlace reminds me of an early Craigslist -- no adult supervision, and a completely hands-off attitude from the folks running the site.  Just my opinion, mind you, based on what's going on in Memphis.  Other cities may be more "friendly" when it comes to in-person transactions.

-Bob.

RKS Solutions LLC logo
Message 129 of 171
latest reply

Im in Arizona and the Facebook Market Place here has really been the Cats Meow lately 🙂

Message 130 of 171
latest reply

All my current auction listings end on Sunday 26 November after which I shutdown until after the start of the new calendar year generally sometime in mid to late January. I like spending the holidays with family and not having to worry about eBay, shipping issues, post holiday returns.............. It's a refreshing break and also provides a nice clean break point for tax purposes. 

Happy holidays to all. 

Message 131 of 171
latest reply

My town in Tennessee had it's "Black Friday/Christmas" last Wednesday.  The long awaited Costco opened.

Weeks before a Facebook group of "Fans" started up and now has 12,300 members.

I went to both Walmart and Kroger yesterday, expecting them to be busy.  Nope.

Went to Costco for the first time.  Very busy.  Didn't buy anything this trip, just scoped the place out.

My sales are slightly up this month, just concluded a 20% off sale.  Will be listing new items for 2 more weeks then comes the annual December shut down.  Since I have a large list of tasks to complete, touching/changing something in every category I sell in, I will be working hard to get as much completed as possible and start relisting after Christmas.  (keeping fingers crossed that I haven't bitten off more than I can accomplish).

Message 132 of 171
latest reply

What's going on in Memphis with facebook?

I sell on ebay for a reason, I don't want to deal with the face to face meetups that never show etc etc.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 133 of 171
latest reply

chicka8618_0-1700660218734.gif

Black Friday Socks? 

Message 134 of 171
latest reply

When I returned to eBay after a 5 yr break to concentrate on my own Brand 2 yrs ago, sales were fantastic.  However, this past 3 months it just fell off a cliff.  Been slinging action figures since 2010 and I have never ever had a 4 day dry spell on a selling platform.  This morning (day before T-Day), my AZ sales are above average from last year and my .www sales are holding steady.  But not one sale on eBay since 18 Nov.

75ae38b4bd6932e430b69a3b05a7e100.png

Message 135 of 171
latest reply