cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to save listings?

Is there a way to save my listings for a longer time?  If I don't want to use all my listings at once, like seasonal specific items, is there a way to save them without losing them over time? Thanks!

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: Is there a way to save listings?

No.  Say, you have '250 free listings a month':  That means if you use 200 one month, you do NOT have 300 the next month, you have ... 250.

OR... do you mean holding out-of-stock items until 'next season'?  Also, no.   Max you can 'save an old listing' is 45 days in draft, or 90 days in out-of-stock. 

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

Yes, I meant saving my created listings for more than 45 days somewhere so they can be relisted at a later date according to the season.  It's too bad they can't be saved.  Lots of work goes into making a listing!

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

Drafts don't expire for 75 days, and their expiration date pushes forward another 75 days every time you open and/or revise them.

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

@planepaulc 

Once the listings end (you can end them yourself), use Sell Similar and save them to Drafts. Drafts will be saved for 75 days. When the 75-day duration for saving nears expiration, revise the drafts and they will restart the 75-day countdown. 

Here is info from the recent Winter Update https://community.ebay.com/t5/2024-Winter-Seller-Update/Keep-your-listing-drafts-longer/m-p/34304570... 

Something to consider when saving drafts- eBay occasionally has technical issues that cause drafts to vanish.  Sometimes the drafts will be restored once the issue is resolved, sometimes not. You may want to consider saving the listing's photos and description in folders on your computer just in case a technical issue affects your drafts causing them to vanish.

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

Excellent advice.

I create Templates for each type of listing I normally carry.  All the basics are in my templates.  These templates are always saved for as long as I want them to be.  

When I create a new listing, I just enter the particulars specifically for the new item.  It saves a lot of time having the basic ISB's [item specific boxes], categories, shipping info and my TOS preset up.  Then I only change as needed.  This has served me well for many years.  Since the loss of TurboLister.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 6 of 17
latest reply

You can save it as a draft.

I don't think it counts as a listing until it goes live.

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 7 of 17
latest reply

There are many tools that allow you to do that, but none of them are free anymore.  Turbolister is what eBay used to have to allow you to have an inventory management database, but they got rid of it 😞  Despite how buggy it was, I still miss its simplicity.  

I use Sixbit, which is the one eBay was reccomending when they got rid of TL, but there are numerous ones.  Most both provide an inventory db & also serve as listing software.  I like SB's listing software b/c it's very simple & I don't have to use eBay's new listing format.   I think Inkfrog, Wonderlister & Auctivia still have tools, in addition to Sixbit.   Prices vary & some are subscription based, others are based more on how much you list a month.  I pay $15/month for SB, but IDK if they have an option that low still.  It's well worth it to me to pay for listing/db mgmt software since I list seasonally, but whichever you choose there will be a learning curve. 

This one goes to Eleven - Nigel Tufnel

Simply-the-best-for-you Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay Seller since 1996

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

@planepaulc wrote:

Yes, I meant saving my created listings for more than 45 days somewhere so they can be relisted at a later date according to the season.  It's too bad they can't be saved.  Lots of work goes into making a listing!

@planepaulc,

Actually, yes, there is a way to save your listings for longer.

If you list them as fixed-price listings, with the out-of-stock option turned on, then if the quantity is revised to zero, the listings will stay active for up to 180 days (6 months). While the quantity is zero, the listing won't show up in item searches, and buyer's can't make any purchases. You will get a credit for the insertion fee for any listing where the quantity is zero for the entire month.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/listings/creating-managing-listings/multiquantity-listings-listing...

After 180 days with quantity = 0, the listing will be ended, and it should then be available in your ended listings, or by item number, for another 90 days. That extends the time you can save listings for up to about 9 months.

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

I keep a desktop file of all my pictures and another of all my descriptions.

While I do this because I am paranoid about letting some robot somewhere control my listings, I do find them useful when I have a repeat listing, such as a new purchase of second hand books some of which I have had in the past.
While I can't reuse pictures (my products are basically always one of a kind) the descriptions make it much faster to make a new listing.

I keep Titles, HTML coding, and Descriptions on file.

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

Always a moving target with eBay... lol   Some days it's 45, some days it's 75, some days it's 90, some days you find eBay has forgotten a few listings and they are pushing 6 months.... *shrug*

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

Yes. Prepare your listings in listing creation software before you upload them. You will always have the version you created in your local or cloud files. I use Odoo to manage my inventory and listing, there are many other software choices available. I have about 1,000 active listings at any one time but I have about 1,700 prepared listings ready to reuse when items come back into stock after being sold out.

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

@rosszonebricks wrote:

Always a moving target with eBay... lol   Some days it's 45, some days it's 75, some days it's 90, some days you find eBay has forgotten a few listings and they are pushing 6 months.... *shrug*

It's not eBay being a moving target! It's people who post incorrect information.

Unsold - 90 Days

Out Of Stock - 6 months (will end on the 6th renewal)

Drafts - 75 days (from last edit)

None of these have changed in YEARS (perhaps even never).

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

I use , as lacemaker suggests, the "out of stock" (OOS) option.

I'm not a "seasonal" seller, but a seller of items that I sell multiples of, and sometimes run out of for a short time, or a long time.

To keep that listing, I use the OOS with a quantity of zero so that I do not lose the listing/selling history. May be just in my head, but I think a buyer is more likely to purchase from me when they see that I have sold 5, 10, 20, 100 of the items, and have good feedback indicating that past buyers have been satisfied.

If it is a long time between sold and restocking another thing that I do is to increase the quantity to (5) for a short time when I am on "time away". Then change it back to (0). My 180 days starts over again.

I have free listings to spare, so the monthly (0) quantity relists do not result in any fees for me.

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

then you have to use an outside lister like SellerSourcebook. I do and I can keep as many listings and   photos as I like for years. There is a cost but it is worth it in my opinion.

Message 15 of 17
latest reply