cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a mechanism to report a buyer with an invalid shipping address?

At one time there was a mechanism to report buyers to Ebay that have invalid shipping addresses. I have searched for a way to report this buyer whose package was returned to me indicating the freight forwarder could not forward the package since the forwarding address has expired.

I have sent the buyer several ebay messages with no replies. 

Right now this buyer can keep buying with an invalid address putting sellers in difficult situations.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Is there a mechanism to report a buyer with an invalid shipping address?

I think you can just cancel due to Problem with address (which there is) and refund the original purchase price but not the shipping cost.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

@saylesville2003 wrote:

<snip>

Right now this buyer can keep buying with an invalid address putting sellers in difficult situations.

What is the "difficult situation"? Package was returned to you so either refund them for the purchase amount only or keep the item and the money. You aren't out anything financial here so why is that 'difficult' for you? 

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

If you don't want to sell to this buyer again, make sure to add this person to your Block Buyers List.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Thank you but I have tried that but having an invalid address is not a reason to use that report form. It is multiple choice selections that are not related to this situation.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Cancel the sale. Reason: Problem with buyers address.

Message the buyer and let them know what happened and  if they still want the item,

correct their address and re-purchase it. 

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

@saylesville2003 wrote:

Thank you but I have tried that but having an invalid address is not a reason to use that report form. It is multiple choice selections that are not related to this situation.

If the issue is with the Freight Forwarder, cancel the order, retain the shipping, relist and BBL this macaroon.

Better sales await!

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Refund everything except the shipping fee. When you refund, there is a box for a reason and you can state that the freight forwarder doesn't have the forwarding address.  BLOCK this buyer. You don't to deal with them.   Wait a few days before relisting the item.  

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

I have  a problem not being able to totally block low feedback deadbeats. I think most of these are phony names as well as addresses. Why does ebay continue to allow these deadbeats to bid and not pay. looking over most of the names and addresses they appear to fake.  does ebay verify the names and addresses.  I have looked on maps and other means  and most do not exist, so whey does ebay allow they to continue week after to bid and not pay and the next friday another round of fake names and addresses . 

Message 10 of 10
latest reply