cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a master setting to enable/disable Manage Offers options?

In the past few days, buyers adding one of my items to their 'Watchlist' automatically receive an offer from me. Problem is, I did not intend for this to happen nor do I know how/why this option was turned on.  (Not sure what I may have done to cause this, but have never had auto offers going out for the past 26 years!)

I was able to go to a few individual listings (one by one) and find a 'Manage Offers' option then turn off "Automatically Send Offers".  What I would like to do however, is make sure that offers are turned off for all my listings. Is their a master setting for this option? 

Thanks for your help

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Is there a master setting to enable/disable Manage Offers options?

@outdoorbrands4less wrote:

What I would like to do however, is make sure that offers are turned off for all my listings. Is their a master setting for this option? 

To turn off automatic seller initiated offers @outdoorbrands4less 

1. Go to Seller Hub.
  2. In the Search section, select the All statuses dropdown and filter for "With offers sending automatically".
  3. Select Search.
  4. Select View offer settings.
  5. Select the > symbol next to Automatically send offers.
  6. Set the blue switch next to Automatically send offers to Off.
  7. Select Done.
  8. Select Update offer settings.

Next time you send out a seller initiated offer, make sure the setting is turned off on that offer form. It's a sticky setting so if you turn it off, it should stay off for future offers. If you ever turn it on, it will stay on until you turn it off again.

You can use steps 1 & 2 in the above instructions to periodically check and make sure you don't have auto-offers enabled on any listings.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

@outdoorbrands4less 

It has been said that when you SEND AN OFFER, the option to send more or auto-send  is something that you must change, for it is auto selected to YES for you. 
 Others have said that when you make a listing, it us auto checked as well and you must unselect the option.  

Since I don't sell here anymore I am unable to provide the screenshots for you.  Hopefully, someone will come by and do that for you, and let you know if you can bulk edit your listings to dispense with that selection. 

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

What I would like to do however, is make sure that offers are turned off for all my listings. Is their a master setting for this option? 

Thanks for your help

Not that I'm aware of.  I haven't found one.  I have to check each listing manually that might have it enabled.  Fortunately, most of my listings are variation types.

This is the closest thing I can find with any details.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/listings/selling-buy-now/adding-best-offer-listing?id=4144#section...

Gator08041971  •  Volunteer Community Mentor 2024
Member of eBay since 2000

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

To turn off automatic seller initiated offers @outdoorbrands4less 

1. Go to Seller Hub.
  2. In the Search section, select the All statuses dropdown and filter for "With offers sending automatically".
  3. Select Search.
  4. Select View offer settings.
  5. Select the > symbol next to Automatically send offers.
  6. Set the blue switch next to Automatically send offers to Off.
  7. Select Done.
  8. Select Update offer settings.

Next time you send out a seller initiated offer, make sure the setting is turned off on that offer form. It's a sticky setting so if you turn it off, it should stay off for future offers. If you ever turn it on, it will stay on until you turn it off again.

You can use steps 1 & 2 in the above instructions to periodically check and make sure you don't have auto-offers enabled on any listings.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

@wastingtime101 

Awesome solution. Saved me a lot of time....maybe I can go waste some now too.  Thanks

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Thanks for that, makes finding them much easier.

Sorry, just for clarification.

The editing and removing the automatic offer is that only available individually?

I have around 400 I wanna remove automatic offers from, but it appears to remove the automatic part I can't do in bulk?

Message 6 of 6
latest reply