cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the FDA secretly talking to eBay and sites like it?

I used to be a seller of supplements and dietary ingredients. For the last couple of years even products that are legal have all been pulled from ebay and amazon. In late 2016, the DEA were proposing to ban Kratom I'm sure lots of you have heard about. Though it's not illegal ebay since then has pulled them all down just like Phenibut which had gotten some warnings letters but many vendors continued to sell on ebay. Only the ones that were caught had them pulled. I'm not sure if there are Phenibut sellers, perhaps there are but those listings are or will probably be soon removed.

So, a lot of products are legal and even sold in stores but the FDA in conjunction with the news media and FTC are essentially brainwashing people into thinking these are dangerous drugs. Question now is, do you think any of these agencies are secretly telling eBay to take down certain products? We all know how curropted the FDA is, they even had a problem with walnuts saying they were unapproved dangerous drugs because there was a study conducted explaining how it may have health benefits. They have made making claims about foods or supplements a crime and then it gets classified magically into a drug. 

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Is the FDA secretly talking to eBay and sites like it?

It is my experience that eBay errs (greatly) on the side of caution. The prohibited list extends across all spectrums and includes many things that are not illegal to sell. 

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Phenibut has never been studied in people, so no one knows if there are side effects.

Kratom can be addictive.

I am glad ebay does not let anyone list things that are or can be dangerous just for the sake of a buck.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

I live in Minnesota. I can go to the local supplement shop and buy Kartom. Not the best stuff but I don't know that much about it since all I was looking for was a pain reliever. It didn't touch my pain. The neighboring state Wisconsin banned Kartom.
Dear God, please help me to be
the person my dog thinks I am.
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

The DEA doesn't usually have to say anything.  As many sellers have seen with Confederate flags, ebay tends to knee jerk react first when it comes to questionable items that could cause them trouble down the line.

(*Bleep*)
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Kratom is illegal in several US states. eBay has a general policy of prohibiting sale of anything that's illegal anywhere, as on the internet it's extremely difficult to control where it goes after it's sold.

The FDA has announced its intention to make kratom illegal, though; and this could be one more reason why eBay is deciding to remove it from circulation.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

@retrose1 wrote:

The DEA doesn't usually have to say anything.  As many sellers have seen with Confederate flags, ebay tends to knee jerk react first when it comes to questionable items that could cause them trouble down the line.

100% agree with their so called knee jerk reaction.

Go on WebMD or any other sight.  One drug has never been tested on humans so there is no data to its safety.  The other has many side effects and is highly addictive.

I am sure if ebay did allow anything and everything some would say they will do anything for a FVF.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

@chol.us.oaaep1b wrote:

I used to be a seller of supplements and dietary ingredients. For the last couple of years even products that are legal have all been pulled from ebay and amazon. In late 2016, the DEA were proposing to ban Kratom I'm sure lots of you have heard about. Though it's not illegal ebay since then has pulled them all down just like Phenibut which had gotten some warnings letters but many vendors continued to sell on ebay. Only the ones that were caught had them pulled. I'm not sure if there are Phenibut sellers, perhaps there are but those listings are or will probably be soon removed.

So, a lot of products are legal and even sold in stores but the FDA in conjunction with the news media and FTC are essentially brainwashing people into thinking these are dangerous drugs. Question now is, do you think any of these agencies are secretly telling eBay to take down certain products? We all know how curropted the FDA is, they even had a problem with walnuts saying they were unapproved dangerous drugs because there was a study conducted explaining how it may have health benefits. They have made making claims about foods or supplements a crime and then it gets classified magically into a drug. 

The FDA never classified walnuts as a drug or declared them dangerous. This is an internet hoax.

The FDA prohibits anyone from making claims about the health benefits of a product when there are no demonstrable benefits. This goes back to patent medicine and "snake oil," or people making false claims that healing crystals will cure your cancer or things like that. If you sell something as a medicine, it has to pass rigorous clinical testing that proves it works as a medicine.

Suppliments, on the other hand, can have anything or nothing in them as long as it says on the label that they are "not intended to treat, diagnose, cure, or prevent any disease."

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Never heard of either and had to Google them. I can't see why anyone would want to use them, the side effects sound awful. 

1. Edginess, nervousness
  2. Vomiting (can be severe and prolonged)
  3. Nausea (can be severe and prolonged)
  4. Sweating
  5. Itching
  6. Constipation
  7. Delusions
  8. Lethargy
  9. Respiratory depression
  10. Tremors
  11. Aggressive or combative behavior
  12. Psychotic episodes
  13. Hallucinations
  14. Paranoia

Yeah, sounds like a fun time!

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Yeah, that list is almost as bad as the approved drugs they advertise on tv.  Except they sometimes  warn those can kill you.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply