cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Ebay moving from Paypal?

I got an email just now saying Ebay is moving from having my sales go from Paypal directly to my bank account instead. Does anyone else know about this or is this fraudulent? 5-7-2021

Message 1 of 40
latest reply
39 REPLIES 39

Re: Is Ebay moving from Paypal?

@mikes60sstuff wrote:

I got an email just now saying Ebay is moving from having my sales go from Paypal directly to my bank account instead. Does anyone else know about this or is this fraudulent? 5-7-2021

No it isn't fraudulent.

Take no notice of the snark, some people are just lonely, and unhappy.

Message 31 of 40
latest reply

My advice is when you get any email from eBay or PayPal initially ignore it and go log into your account some other way and verify in messages it is actually from eBay or PayPal. I have received emails from a "fake" eBay or PayPal that is trying to trick me into logging into the fake email to harvest my log in passwords to defraud me.

I received a similar email a few months ago that unfortunately proved to be real.

eBay charging sellers fee % on shipping and sales tax though........

Message 32 of 40
latest reply

@azmach22 wrote:

My advice is when you get any email from eBay or PayPal initially ignore it and go log into your account some other way and verify in messages it is actually from eBay or PayPal. I have received emails from a "fake" eBay or PayPal that is trying to trick me into logging into the fake email to harvest my log in passwords to defraud me.

I received a similar email a few months ago that unfortunately proved to be real.

eBay charging sellers fee % on shipping and sales tax though........

They've been charging fees on shipping since 2011.

Message 33 of 40
latest reply

LET'S ALL MOVE ON TO A FREE WEBSITE - webs----.com, which may not have as much

traffic, but believe me if we ALL move there, the traffic will follow!

Let's go!!

Message 34 of 40
latest reply

I AGREE totally - they are NOT getting all my info, so just forget it!

Let's all move on to a FREE website - webs----.com, and once all the buyers realize where

the great stuff is, they'll follow!!

Message 35 of 40
latest reply

I got the same fateful message yesterday, with Managed Payments taking affect as of 5/28.  Four  questions:

1) I currently ship some items using the eBay UPS Ground discount through eBay label print.  Unlike USPS, currently those shipping fees are charged with a lag, not immediately against my PayPal.  Under managed payments, do UPS charges still lag?  If so, how is that fee be collected?  Let's say I zero out my PayPal balance.  I'm thinking eBay will debit my checking account.  Is that right?

2) The documentation indicates buyers can still pay with PayPal.  If so, what shows up in my PayPay account?  Nothing?  Is the buyer's payment method transparent or is there some indication somewhere of how they paid?  Should I care?

3) The instructions sent by message do not say when to ship.  After googling "eBay Managed Payments",  found an instructional piece that says to ship when notified of payment.  I take that to mean immediately, not waiting for the payment to clear into my checking account.  Right?  I'd like no know if sellers who  ship immediately have had sellers cancel before the payment has cleared with the package out the door.

4)  Why do eBay instructional pieces read more like marketing materials than instruction manuals, lacking details, step-by-step instruction, and ultimately the "punch lines"?  OK, that was a rhetorical question--no reason to answer unless you're an eBay representative.  🙄

Message 36 of 40
latest reply

Don't quite understand exactly why they did this, but the delay in my receiving my payment of 2 days makes me wonder if I should start stating in my ebay auctions/ads that the item someone may purchase won't be sent out for at 'least 2 days' (until I know my money is in my bank account).

Message 37 of 40
latest reply

And as far as the new selling page....I definitely 'do not' like that if a 30-day item gets renewed, it 'AUTOMATICALLY' has the 'make an offer' option added. They're making it harder and harder to sell an item the way 'I' want to.

Message 38 of 40
latest reply

@kosmosattik wrote:

2) The documentation indicates buyers can still pay with PayPal.  If so, what shows up in my PayPay account?  Nothing?  Is the buyer's payment method transparent or is there some indication somewhere of how they paid?  Should I care?

Yes, buyers can still pay using Pay Pal, but the funds will go through your Managed Payments account.

We won't know how the buyers pay and there's no reason we need to know.

3) The instructions sent by message do not say when to ship.  After googling "eBay Managed Payments",  found an instructional piece that says to ship when notified of payment.  I take that to mean immediately, not waiting for the payment to clear into my checking account.  Right?  I'd like no know if sellers who  ship immediately have had sellers cancel before the payment has cleared with the package out the door.

Some sellers will wait until the funds are in their checking account, but there's no need to wait.

I still ship same or next day and haven't had any problems with the payments not going through.

I've been using the same program on another site for a few years now and haven't had any problems there either.

Have a great day
Message 39 of 40
latest reply

@mikes60sstuff wrote:

Don't quite understand exactly why they did this, but the delay in my receiving my payment of 2 days makes me wonder if I should start stating in my ebay auctions/ads that the item someone may purchase won't be sent out for at 'least 2 days' (until I know my money is in my bank account).

If you're not going to ship until the funds are in your checking account, extend your handling time so you don't get hit for shipping late.

Have a great day
Message 40 of 40
latest reply