cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Ebay changing my ‘Best Offer’ without my permission?

The other day I listed an item as a ‘Buy It Now’ with a ‘Best Offer’ price.  After my listing was made public, as it is my custom, I felt a need to revised it.  I looked at my photos, made a few adjustments to my description, and then it hit me:

The price of my ‘Best Offer’ changed?  I know I didn’t make this change myself because this offer was way to low for me to consider in the first place.

Tell me, “Is Ebay changing my ‘Best Offer’ without my permission?”

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I can set my own ‘ Best Offer’ price and if a potential buyer offers any price below my “Best Offer’ price, their ‘offer’  will be automatically declined... 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

@thrifty-findings wrote:

The price of my ‘Best Offer’ changed?  I know I didn’t make this change myself because this offer was way to low for me to consider in the first place. Tell me, “Is Ebay changing my ‘Best Offer’ without my permission?”

Can you explain in more detail? 

The whole point of "Best Offer" is that the buyer chooses an amount to offer, so I am not sure what you mean by the "the price of my Best Offer".  

Message 2 of 19
latest reply

I can set my own ‘ Best Offer’ price and if a potential buyer offers any price below my “Best Offer’ price, their ‘offer’  will be automatically declined... 

Message 3 of 19
latest reply

@thrifty-findings wrote:

So you are talking about the auto-decline or auto-accept prices, not the offer price. I get it. 

Message 4 of 19
latest reply

I set a best offer price, but eBay lowered that price a day or so later...  it sounds odd, but true?

Message 5 of 19
latest reply

@thrifty-findings wrote:

I set a best offer price, but eBay lowered that price a day or so later...  it sounds odd, but true?

It doesn't surprise me. Ebay has told us they are going to add Best Offer to listings as they see fit, without even permission from sellers who don't want Best Offer to to begin with.

But to answer your question, I've listed things with best offer setting up the auto-decline numbers to what I wanted and it seemingly completely removed my auto-decline number, therefore allowing lowball offers to get through, and I had to reset it.

So that is either a genuine glitch, or more of ebays interference in telling us how we should sell our items and what we should sell them for. Smiley Indifferent

Message 6 of 19
latest reply

Ive had this for a while now  and have rung them once and it is still happening , they obviously want us all to close our accounts i think , if it dosnt get sorted soon i will . My postage they take off they put offers of half price on my items  they are even relisting my items with out my permission just so that they can get extra money out of us . Another new thing they have done to me is if an item doesnt sell with in 5 days they say they are going to reduce the price by 5% until it does i havent agreed to this either . 

Message 7 of 19
latest reply

I think the entire selling Community is completely fed up with eBay unauthorized intrusion into our sales. They have even confirmed on the phone that there is nothing in the user agreement that gives eBay permission to alter our listing format. Obviously eBay is hard up for money and is putting their needs above those of the sellers. Regardless of eBay purpose, I think eBay should point out somewhere in the user agreement where it gives them legal right to alter a valid listing. If they cannot do so that I do believe that their action warrants a class action lawsuit.

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

I just wanted to say that they are totally interfering with the add ons. They also say to reduce your price by half, thats pure **bleep**, I sell only things that I myself would buy. I think It is so over the top, and I think they want people to drop out of selling here.

Message 9 of 19
latest reply

I just edited a listing. Ebay turned 1 into 2. Lucky me, I caught that on time, otherwise that 4% would be coming to hurt me. 

Imagine if I sold that second item? Not eBay's fault, right? Smiley Very Happy

latest reply

Yep, they arbitrarily change my auto-decline price to half of my BIN price. Infuriating and time wasting for me to have to constantly check my settings. Ebay stay the heck out of my business!

Anyone who thinks that money can't buy happiness has never paid a shelter pet's adoption fee
Message 11 of 19
latest reply

Hi. I experienced the same issue today where eBay lowered my price by $10.  The problem is that I can see where my price for $10 higher, and I never offered the selling price for $10. 

I saw a note from eBay on my item suggesting that I lower the price, but I never clicked on it.  I am contacting customer service in the morning because I had to cancel the sale to the customer, who may think that I don't want to sell the item.

If they don't stop doing this, I will file a complaint.  eBay has zero rights to my items and no right to lower prices.

Message 12 of 19
latest reply

Amen!
Message 13 of 19
latest reply

Oh yeah eBay is adding this or best offer monthly. As soon as I receive an email in account saying I can now accept best offers I have to go through and alter all the offer settings. As soon as I’m done with my current lot of collectibles I’m done with eBay. Scandalous for sure and they don’t care at all when you call to complain. Real great help EBay, look forward to not doing business with you guys since you enjoy wasting sellers time. Think about how you guys make money off us. Gonna end soon no doubt when word gets out. Time to share on Facebook I believe 

Message 14 of 19
latest reply

The worst is when you put items on a markdown sale and take best offer off your listings and eBay puts it back on

Message 15 of 19
latest reply