cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Ebay changing my ‘Best Offer’ without my permission?

The other day I listed an item as a ‘Buy It Now’ with a ‘Best Offer’ price.  After my listing was made public, as it is my custom, I felt a need to revised it.  I looked at my photos, made a few adjustments to my description, and then it hit me:

The price of my ‘Best Offer’ changed?  I know I didn’t make this change myself because this offer was way to low for me to consider in the first place.

Tell me, “Is Ebay changing my ‘Best Offer’ without my permission?”

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: Is Ebay changing my ‘Best Offer’ without my permission?

This has been happening to me for the past month or so. I do not accept best offers and then all of a sudden eBay goes into my listing and sets a best offer price at half the asking price without my knowledge or permission. It's really NOT OK. I called three times to ask them to stop but it is now part of their programming to do this. I told them I will cancel any sale if one takes place before I get to go into the listing and change it back to my original listing and if need be I will add a paragraph to each listing explaining that  do not accept Best Offers at all.

Message 16 of 19
latest reply

Yep< They are doing this to a friend of mine as well as myself. I am completely disgusted with them.  Will not be long, will have to start my own brand.  To tell you how to sell, what to sell and now changing the price without your permission is bad.

Message 17 of 19
latest reply

I don't know how they can do this but I have the same problem. I've been selling on Ebay since 1995 and I 'm at my boiling point!!! I wish there was a way to report them! I'm gonna try the BBB. Hope they will help!!!
Message 18 of 19
latest reply

Sound good to me!!!!!
Message 19 of 19
latest reply