cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Customer support useless?

One of them tells me to refund the buyer for a false INAD the other tells me to let eBay decided because it's clearly a remorse buyer .

And do I get a defect if I accept a false return ? 

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: Is Customer support useless?

Pretty much. In their defense it's pretty apparent that they aren't well trained.

In regards to your case, post the details here. Not enough to go on based on your statement.

he/him/guy/dude...you get the picture
Message 2 of 14
latest reply

Is Customer support useless? 

YES

INAD is something that will force you to accept return or just refund money because of how eBay operates. Just accept return because you will most likely get a Defect if you let eBay decide it. If you do accept return you are not getting a defect. 

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

You should refund the buyer even if it is a false return.   If you let ebay step in you will get a defect.

You won't get a defect for accepting a false return as long as you do it before ebay gets involved.

And yes, CS is pretty much useless.

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

Buyer does not speak English buyer buys plant, buyer uses google translate

to call me racist after I send the item usage directions with google translate after he sent the return request 

(i'm literally the only person in the world to figure out how propagate this specific plant) buyer could not read directions or desc so he did not really know what he was buying 

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

One was right. One was wrong.

Whether the claim is false or not doesn't matter to eBay. Once a return for not as described is requested you need to accept the return unless you want eBay to refund and let them keep the item. Because that could happen if you don't  issue a return label and have them return it.  If you ask eBay to decide then you get an automatic defect for having a case unresolved by the seller.  eBay no longer decides case by case who is right, who is wrong, who lied or who is telling the truth.

If your policy is returns accepted eBay will require you to accept the return because  when that's your policy you have to accept a return for any reason.  They'll issue a return label and refund when it's returned.  HOWEVER, when you're policy is No Returns they usually refund and tell the buyer they don't  have to return the item.  No returns doesn't  mean no refunds. 

Bottom line is the buyer will get a refund. If you want the item returned before being forced to refund then issue a return label/accept the return. If you're not interested in having the item returned then refund. Either way you'll be refunding. 

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

While you can have a No Returns policy, you cannot have a No Refunds policy.

Neither eBay nor Paypal allow that.

But even with a No Returns policy,you can demand that the buyer return the disputed item before refunding.

Note that eBay may require you to provide return shipping, but Paypal insists the buyer pay return shipping.

If you get the item back, and the more sketchy buyers won't, you refund.

No return? No refund.

And if you sent a return shipping label that was not used, eventually you will be credited for it.

Most Disputes are disagreements. Actual frauds are a low percentage of disputes.

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

And yes,,,,,,(forgot to add),,,,,eBay support is useless. And it's well documented they give bum information so you should always ask here first. 

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

Accept the return, let him figure out how to return a plant to you. If its at all damaged, you can report that you received it damaged and not as described (I think?- someone else may need to correct me here).

But if its too involved buyer may not even ship it back and then the return is closed. Honestly, I would let him figure it out. Just accept the return and send a label and you're safe. Protected from a defect.

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

Sorry this happened to you but with EBAY money back guarantee Buyers can get full refund by claiming INAD, defective, counterfeit, did not receive item (EBAY does NOT make customer prove their claim).

You must give full refund (including return postage).   If you don't, EBAY will do it for you (take your money) and then you will get a defect for not following policy.

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

No returns is useless. Ebay will make you refund the cash and shipping too! I LEARNED the hard way. Accept returns  and have the buyers foot the bill to ship it back.🥊

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

And don't pound on the poor front line customer support folks too much.  It's not their fault they're sent into work half-trained on a good day.  One rule is to NEVER wait for Ebay to step in unless you're the buyer.  As a seller it's always a bad move.  

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 12 of 14
latest reply

@craft-stash wrote:

No returns is useless. Ebay will make you refund the cash and shipping too! I LEARNED the hard way. Accept returns  and have the buyers foot the bill to ship it back.🥊

Some cases yes, some cases no.

As we know, with eBay, buyers only pay for remorse returns

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

I had customer support once tell me I could block zero feedback members from bidding, he got kind of mad when I corrected him.  They are pretty useless. 

Bidders who have no clue what they're looking at are a fact of life on eBay.  

Message 14 of 14
latest reply