cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International shipping

I am very upset.  I sold two items then got a notice I was automatically enrolled in International shipping.  I am a senior with mobility issues only want to ship to US.  I called in and I have been on EBay since 1999 and they couldn’t remove this option.  I only have an iPhone.  Why would they do this without consent.  Please help me I don’t know who to contact to get this option they put on removed.  Thank you.

Message 1 of 24
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

International shipping

@res17zzy60j4 

Sellers are ‘opted in’, BUT, unless and until the seller chooses what countries they will ship to, there will be no international selling. 

Of the three sold items in the OPs list, non of them offered shipping outside the USA. 

No one asked, but I am looking forward to the day when having feedback default sorted by relevance seems right.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 7 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

International shipping

eBay International Shipping means you ship to the US just like any other domestic transaction, and eBay handles all international shipping and returns. There's a ton of seller protection and it can increase your sales.

That said, if you're not interested in using eBay International Shipping, click the opt out link on your shipping preferences page: https://www.ebay.com/ship/prf

You can use a browser on your phone if you can't access that page through the app.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 2 of 24
latest reply

International shipping

eBay CS should be able to help a seller with such a basic question about how to opt out of eIS. Would you mind having this call reviewed elizabeth@ebay to ensure the CS rep is given proper training in this area (assuming it wasn't a misunderstanding on the seller's part)?

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 3 of 24
latest reply

International shipping

why  does he need to opt out, ebay should have it set up opt in. 

Message 4 of 24
latest reply

International shipping

What ebay should do is completely subjective. I believe there is no reason for it to be opt in over opt out because eIS transactions are safer than domestic transactions on eBay and don't ask for the seller to do any type of international shipping as eBay acts like a FF.

Message 5 of 24
latest reply

International shipping

@showmecurrency4u wrote:

why  does he need to opt out, ebay should have it set up opt in. 

If you want to know why eBay set it up that way, ask eBay. I can make a few guesses but that's all they would be: guesses.

GLORIOUS!

Message 6 of 24
latest reply

International shipping

@res17zzy60j4 

Sellers are ‘opted in’, BUT, unless and until the seller chooses what countries they will ship to, there will be no international selling. 

Of the three sold items in the OPs list, non of them offered shipping outside the USA. 

No one asked, but I am looking forward to the day when having feedback default sorted by relevance seems right.
Message 7 of 24
latest reply

International shipping

I don't think you understand how the program works.

With eIS sellers who have 'No international shipping' selected on the listings and are opted in will still see their items ship internationally.

However, with the eIS program the actual seller NEVER ships internationally. The order is treated the same as a domestic shipment and is shipped to eBays eIS shipping hub in either Illinois or California.

The reason eBay has this as opt in is because once the item is delivered successfully to either California or Illinois, the transaction is over. eBay will forward it, deal with all the international aspects.

One of the reasons I assume that it's opt in is because once eBay gets the item then there is nothing for the seller to worry about. No returns, No refunds. eBay currently eats all of it. This is why eIS in my opinion is most safe orders you can actually have on eBay.

Message 8 of 24
latest reply

International shipping

thank you so much!  I will try this.

Message 9 of 24
latest reply

International shipping

I think the representative tried with me but it was just very frustrating.  I felt ebay put it in my account when I called they should have been able to take it off.  I realize the benefits but shipping worldwide I realize increases sales but you have to wait till item is received to get payout.  I guess I just had many sales felt I got up to speed with all the changes had three successful sales was ready to relist and then the international shipping I could get off of my item I wanted to relist.  Who pays for the additional shipping charges? To ship worldwide?

Message 10 of 24
latest reply

International shipping

could not get off of listing I meant

Message 11 of 24
latest reply

International shipping

There is NO REASON to opt out so that is WHY ebay 'automatically' put everyone in. 

THEY handle the Customs Forms

THEY handle any returns and refunds (and refund out of pocket)

ALL you have to do is ship it to the hub in Illinois (and now Cali?)

Message 12 of 24
latest reply

International shipping

Thank you for the information.

Message 13 of 24
latest reply

International shipping

Thank you very helpful!  

Message 14 of 24
latest reply

International shipping

Thank you for your help!  I found where I needed to go.

Message 15 of 24
latest reply