cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International selling and specific country exclusions.

Specifically I'm wondering where the settings are to include or exclude certain countries.  I recently had two buyers from countries I'm happy to sell to contact me that they couldn't 'buy it now'.  They were fro Germany and England.  At some point years ago I may have clicked a box not allowing from those countries. Not sure though, because it's been a while.  I did find the slide bar to allow that specific buyer and exemption from 'my rules' but i have no idea where those rules are.

Thank you for your help. 

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

If you are using EIS shipping there are quite a few categories that can't be shipped to the UK. One of the biggest is anything in the toys and games category. Another is Auto parts and there are more. eBay states it is because of them not having a UKCA marking which replaced the CE marking when the UK left the European Union. But it seems that only EIS won't ship there.

FedEx, UPS, DHL, USPS all have no problem with sending items to those countries from those categories. I gave up on EIS as it is too restrictive and extremely slow for what it costs.

Germany is another country that EIS has a lot of categories excluded also. Yet really no one knows for sure what ones they are.

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

It looks like you've already enrolled in the EIS program. 

If you get notice a buyer can't make a purchase it may be an item their country does not allow to be imported in.   Google USPS shipping restrictions with the country name and you can see a list of exclusions.  As for the UK they have new safety labeling requirements that seem to exclude over 99% of products available worldwide.  

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

You’re sun eBay international shipping so they decide what items they will ship and where.  They have a lot of exclusions for the UK.   They tend to eliminate entire categories rather than pick and choose specific items so I’m sure that many of the items they exclude are fine to ship to those locations.  You can set up your own shipping to ship directly there if you want to.  

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

@brywolf 

I know that certain countries do not allow the exportation of toys, not sure which one's but you can always look into it.  Coins too.  Here's a link that may be helpful: 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/international-travel/before-you-go/customs-and-import.htm...

Good luck & Happy Selling

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Selling to Germany requires a license from Germany (due to recycle issues; called LUCID) and as stated by @steady2304 and UK is full of restrictions (both EIS and you shipping direct- if the 'category/item is not allowed to ship to UK....)  

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

What were the items? 

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

In response to your question the exclude options can be found in your account settings under shipping preferences. Edit the exclude shipping locations

dbfolks166mt_1-1713209157986.png

You will get the following high level but you can expand to show all countries in a region and pick the ones you want to exclude. 

dbfolks166mt_0-1713209118948.png

As others have mentioned there are a lot of things EIS excludes including but not limited to the following. 

The following requirements apply to items shipped through eBay International Shipping:

• Items are physically located in the US and listed on eBay.com
  • Items are eligible for export and the cost doesn't exceed $2500 USD
  • Packages should not exceed:
    • 48 inches in length, 84 inches in length and girth
    • 44 lbs. in billable weight (not actual weight) for all countries except Canada (maximum billable weight for Canada is 66 lbs.)

Transaction limits may apply to some accounts. Read our full list of seller terms and conditions to find out more about eBay International Shipping eligibility and program requirements.

Restricted items and categories

Items included in eBay's hazardous, restricted or regulated materials policy, or that don't follow our International trading policy, can't be shipped using eBay International Shipping.

Items that are shipped to buyers in the UK need to comply with all applicable UK laws and regulations. We have put measures in place to prevent US items that may not comply with UK regulations, such as CE Certification and/or Plugs and Sockets Regulations, from being sold to buyers in the UK.

Due to export limitations and restrictions, items listed in the following categories also can't be shipped with eBay International Shipping. This is not an exhaustive list and it may be updated based on transportation regulations and export laws.

• Any category or items containing Radium or other radioactive materials
  • Dangerous goods requiring hazardous handling labels & documentation
  • Export-controlled items requiring license > Ex. Military vehicle parts
  • Business & Industrial > Heavy equipment & attachments
  • Collectibles > Knives, swords & blades
  • eBay Motors > Airbags, used parts (containing hazardous residue), AC refrigerant, vehicle paint (flammable)
  • Electronics > Standalone lithium batteries (not inside or with a device)
  • Electronics > High-power lithium battery devices (over 100 watt-hour)
  • Electronics > Drones
  • Health & Beauty > Fragrances (flammable perfumes & cologne)
  • Flammable or otherwise hazardous aerosols
  • Jewelry > High value
  • Personal security > Pepper spray, stun guns, handcuffs
  • Sporting goods > Other (CO2 cartridges, firearms, firearm parts, laser scopes)
  • Replica firearms > Prop guns
  • Stamps, coins & paper money
Message 8 of 13
latest reply

A license plate frame for Germany and a small Snoopy plush for England.

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

As crazy as it sounds the Snoopy plush is probably one of those import restricted toy things for the UK. Not sure what the license plate thing would be for Germany. 

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

@dbfolks166mt wrote:

As crazy as it sounds the Snoopy plush is probably one of those import restricted toy things for the UK. Not sure what the license plate thing would be for Germany. 

@dbfolks166mt Auto Part?? 

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

@dbfolks166mt wrote:

@dbfolks166mt Auto Part?? 

Possibly. One of the nice things about EIS is they monitor all the import regulations although at times they may overachieve. 

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Germany | Postal Explorer (usps.com)

Nothing about car parts mentioned but found this gem - can't ship to Germany if it's going to a PO box or the like.  Also the account needs a phone number.

"Any mail requiring a customs form must be addressed to the recipient’s physical residential or business address and may not be addressed directly to a parcel locker (DHL Packstation), a service point (postal outlet or DHL Paketshop), or a post office box (Postfach). Otherwise, the German customs authority may reject the mail for return to the sender. Deutsche Post, the designated operator of Germany, also requests that such mail include a local telephone number for the addressee."

Message 13 of 13
latest reply