cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insulted! So they offer 50,000 additional listings for store subscribers because of Covid-19? Plea!

And so I want to ask eBay what are they are willing to offer SMALL store sellers who are unable to list up to 50,000 items and whose only income depends on their own eBay sales for their food, mortgage/rent, utilities, gasoline, insurances, medications, family support, in sundries, and such? Esp in the face of Covid-19? And we who have previously and successively always relied on eBay for these? Not to mention having been eBay's bread and butter for their most formidable years? Only a 3 month deferment in seller fees? And with plummeting sales how could we EVER make those deferred payments in addition to our regular monthly payments to this giant? My seller dashboard shows that eBay's sales are UP 10% in the prior 30 days (pffft) ...however it also shows that MY sales as being 30-50% lower within the same time frame!!! I've put almost all of my store on 30-50% off for the last 30 days and most of my "now petty sales" in which I am losing money selling at prices well below value and cost are contributed to "social distancing/work from home buyers" who shop eBay because they are now bored. I've been a seller here since 2005. I'm dedicated and loyal, I've adapted to the many changes that our selling platform has required of us, and I'm still here (albeit only barely and still hopeful and still hanging on in the last couple of years). I read the seller updates weekly. I'm appalled at the lack of attention eBay turns it's attention to the AMERICAN small sellers in which I am ABSOLUTELY POSITIVE are the backbone of the eBay platform! Nothing new...remember I'm a veteran seller. As far as I can search and see, eBay still caters favorably to Chinese Interests. Also Foreign Suppliers, and Big Box Retailers offering goods made/created/imported from countries outside of the USA. I'm ranting, that's because I'm angry. Ebay ARE YOU WITH US SMALL USA SELLERS OR NOT BECAUSE I'M NOT SURE YET THAT YOU ARE. IF YOU ARE THEN PLEASE HELP US BECAUSE WE DEPEND ON YOU! Really kindest regards, Danielle (Bella3Boutique) *I've also posted this on the Power Seller Board*
Message 1 of 70
latest reply
69 REPLIES 69

Re: Insulted! So they offer 50,000 additional listings for store subscribers because of Covid-19? Pl

@backyardtreasurehunter wrote:
So many mixed messages. You want things better, more sales but you defend the system which is taking advantage of average folks.

There is no mixed message, and my post was not "defending" eBay. It's just critical thinking.

I don't need to "defend the system" to give numbers suggesting that there is no way eBay is ever going to give sellers a 50% reduction in fees.

I can want eBay to be better to sellers without blindly endorsing every single unworkable idea that someone here  comes up with.

Message 46 of 70
latest reply

Re: Insulted! So they offer 50,000 additional listings for store subscribers because of Covid-19? Pl

Hey MAM,

CUT FEES, I guarantee you, no one will complain.

Why does Ebay owe that to you or any other seller?  I sell on other sites too and none of them have done that or even offered free listings?  Ebay is doing more that similar sites are offering to sellers during this pandemic.

I also don't have other vendors cutting their fees either.  

So you want the ability to use the services that Ebay offers but pay them less for that?

@backyardtreasurehunter 

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 47 of 70
latest reply

If you want to generate more items on ebay, generate sellers! Cutting fees will attract sellers. (do sellers NOT buy on ebay? Sellers are probably ebay's biggest buyers. More sellers = MORE DIVERSITY. MORE SELECTION. The same people offering more of the same? What's the benefit?

Ebay has a wonderful promo running for new sellers.  They are actively courting people stuck at home in need of something to do and/or in need of some income flowing in.  You may want to do your research before bad mouthing a site that has more visibility and availability than any other similar site.

https://www.theverge.com/2020/4/2/21205800/ebay-up-and-running-waive-seller-fees-new-businesses-digi...

Message 48 of 70
latest reply

I never said OUR President was perfect.

I get upset too when he says GREAT this, Great that, Greatest this, Greatest that. He is bottom line a businessman. But IMO the right person AT THE TIME he was elected. I was gonna run myself, but was relieved when I saw him come down the stairs to announce. People laughed at me, said he'll never win. Well he did and that's that. You have to admit, all they've done against him since is a big waste of time. If you want to blame him for "the virus", then blame those who were side-tracking him, taking his attention away from AMERICA. He loves this country, it's obvious. He loves the spirit of folks' having a better life. I don't think he's in it for fortune. I think he saw a problem with our future, which is also the future of his family as well as ours, he saw the world going down, America infrastructure falling apart. Higher prices, theft of intellectual properties. And so Is why I think he jumped in and thank GOD he won. But it seems the other side will never be able to accept someone otherthan their own candidate. I lived quietly with the past president. I didn't complain, in fact, I defended him because he's OUR President. I'm an INDEPENDENT and have NO PARTY AFFILIATION other than FREEDOM. The American dream was disappearing and THIS President stepped up and is trying to bring it back. He's not perfect. I get it.

I would always get upset when I hear stupid stuff that he says.... I didn't understand it, until I read "FROM BARBARIANS TO BEAUROCRATS" by MILLER. (it's an old mandatory book regarding companies strategies and lifecycles. (sorry, I'm a bad speller), but in there it talks about when company is in the rise and when it's in the decline phase....In the rise, a PROPHET makes a product or has an idea...The Barbarian comes along and builds it up to the PROPHETS spec. Staying TRUE to the prophet, Then come the builders and explorers, who continue the rise. Then when a company starts to decline, it's because the ARISTOCRATS, (those who inherit, that stop building, instead sell off so they can buy a new jet) and then the Beaurocrats come in and take over... (take measurements of the workers space, meanwhile they have lots of room in their plush office. The Beaurocrats cut off the head of the Barbarian because the Barbarian is a threat to their ways. Then the top phase of a company, what all companies strive for is SYNERGY. Synergy is when the bottom of the company is in harmony with the top execs. They work together, not against. And so being a Barbarian in business myself, I understand Our President. But I didn't realize he was a Barbarian at first. Now I think he's a combination of BUILDER/BARBARIAN. I think the opposition, are all ARIstocRats and Beaurocrats. (when the company is in decline) And again, this is when a company is in decline. (you have to read the book, it gives MANY examples in history) By the way, AMERICA is a company, not just a country. And so, you see, ebay too seems to be in decline. They should read the book. It's probably $4 on ebay. I suggest anyone in business check it out. It's an easy fun read that was considered mandatory by Management years ago.
Message 49 of 70
latest reply

the USA government allowed it and so business' took advantage. Too many regulations in the USA so they went abroad. Eventually many were stabbed in the back and intellectuals stolen. I don't get how a company could move to an area under communist rule. Yet Russia are the bad guys according to the DEMS. China is the good guys!? (Whatever, that's another topic.) Please don't change the subject at hand. Which seems to be the norm when folks can't give a good answer/argument. I didn't want to get into politics but it seems posters push you into it. Maybe they don't like this thread so want it to close and then they start this stuff up. WE are getting off topic. We are stepping away from the issue brought up by the OP.
Message 50 of 70
latest reply

Our president also said this was just the flu.....

See, I give you a good answer and you throw that in my face.I think you've been watching fake news.

Let's blame OUR president. China are the good guys! Yeah! Keep sending our companies to China, keep buying our medicine from China. So long as everything is cheap, it's ok. Cheap price, cheap product. THIS IS EXACTLY THE ATTITUDE FROM THOSE WHO DEFEND 50,000 FREE LISTINGS. THIS IS THE PROBLEM.

Not a SINGLE sole on this thread or elsewhere on Ebay that I've seen blames the President for the virus that has taken so many lives.  Nor have I seen anyone defend China in this Pandemic.  Deflecting isn't the answer.  We get plenty of that if we watch the news, any station.  

By our Presidents own definition of "fake new" back in his tweets from May 2018, Fake news is negative reports about him.  

It is not fake news that he said we should research injecting people with a disinfectant or research how to get UV rays inside the body to battle the virus.  It is not fake news that along the way he has pushed certain drugs that have since been found to be of very little help and my increase the death rate.  And the list goes on.

Still he is absolutely NOT at fault for the virus.  But his leadership during this Pandemic may be a completely different story.

Oh as to medications.  Some of those produced in China are not even made in the US.  So yes on some things we are dependent upon China for.

Message 51 of 70
latest reply

900%! HOLY SMOKES! GOD BLESS YOU! (Your killing me. ROFLAO,) I did read your post and I can see what you just said and sorry, but I can't respond because I'm trying my best to be nice. And it's pointless if your making 900% profit. By the way, that's "buy for 1 cent and sell for $9.00. So something you paid $1 for you sell for $900. OK, sure. I believe you. NOT!
Message 52 of 70
latest reply

"I have to buy the stuff I sell. I didn't inherit it. I suppose if I got everything for nothing, I wouldn't care either. MORE LISTINGS! YEAH BABY!!!!
Try buying your stuff and making a profit,..."

THAT is YOUR choice. As a seller you have chosen what you want to list, what you want to sell - you chose that product line, you also have other choices...you can add to your line of products a cheaper product that will give you more profit if that's your goal. It's all about choices and how well you adapt to those choices. Many folks have sourced their products for cheap and make excellent profit = their way, their choice.

Adjust, adapt and move along...

C'est la vie! Que sera, sera!

Message 53 of 70
latest reply

900%! HOLY SMOKES! GOD BLESS YOU! (Your killing me. ROFLAO,) I did read your post and I can see what you just said and sorry, but I can't respond because I'm trying my best to be nice. And it's pointless if your making 900% profit. By the way, that's "buy for 1 cent and sell for $9.00. So something you paid $1 for you sell for $900. OK, sure. I believe you. NOT!

Sorry, but a markup of 900% for something you paid $1.00 for is $9.00, not $900.00, which is a gross margin of 90%.

Message 54 of 70
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

Our president also said this was just the flu.....

See, I give you a good answer and you throw that in my face.I think you've been watching fake news.

Let's blame OUR president. China are the good guys! Yeah! Keep sending our companies to China, keep buying our medicine from China. So long as everything is cheap, it's ok. Cheap price, cheap product. THIS IS EXACTLY THE ATTITUDE FROM THOSE WHO DEFEND 50,000 FREE LISTINGS. THIS IS THE PROBLEM.

Not a SINGLE sole on this thread or elsewhere on Ebay that I've seen blames the President for the virus that has taken so many lives.  Nor have I seen anyone defend China in this Pandemic.  Deflecting isn't the answer.  We get plenty of that if we watch the news, any station.  

By our Presidents own definition of "fake new" back in his tweets from May 2018, Fake news is negative reports about him.  

It is not fake news that he said we should research injecting people with a disinfectant or research how to get UV rays inside the body to battle the virus.  It is not fake news that along the way he has pushed certain drugs that have since been found to be of very little help and my increase the death rate.  And the list goes on.

Still he is absolutely NOT at fault for the virus.  But his leadership during this Pandemic may be a completely different story.

Oh as to medications.  Some of those produced in China are not even made in the US.  So yes on some things we are dependent upon China for.

As I stated above.  I'm aware that you were quoting the poster in post 31 in regards to the flu.  But lets be clear here, my post above said NOTHING about the flu.  My post was regarding the balance of the post which was written by you.

Then post #58 is from you to me and reads:

LOOK AT POST #31
DID YOU SEE POST #31?
POST 31 MAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't say this, you are quoting me as saying this an I didn't I was speaking in retaliation to POST #31.

YOU PEOPLE NEED TO READ THE ENTIRE THREAD BEFORE YOU START YOUR ATTACKS!!!!!!!!!!! OK, this is pointless writing more here. I'm done with these false accusations. If I knew how to use the quote the previous person I was writing about i would have. UNBELIEVABLE MAM MAM MAM MAM and a few others! Really, you are too much. LOOK AT THE BOTTOM OF POST #31. I want an APOLOGY!

I'm unsure what to make of all that.  I never said you said anything about the "flu", so I am unclear as to why you feel that I did.

But for whatever reason you may have, this seems to have really upset you.  For that I'm sorry.  As I said before, I wasn't attacking you, I was sharing my comments about what you had said.  Not the other poster that talked about the flu.  

You somehow seem to think what I wrote above was about the flu, but nothing I said had anything to do with that but with what you wrote in the post.  So you being upset with me over comments about the flu, which I didn't make, doesn't make any sense to me.

I hope this clears things up.  I didn't say ANYTHING about the flu comment from you or another poster.

Message 55 of 70
latest reply

You refered to me as saying that. It was NOT my words. Why is it so difficult to admit you made a mistake. Ok, well, that speaks volumes that will you will not admit your false attacks. I don't see you attacking post #31. They must be your friend. IF you didn't say it, then you should blame the person who you quoted as saying I said it. CALL THEM OUT!

I've only been posting for a short time and I can see read what's going on. MANIPULATION and CONFUSIONS. It I don't agree with you, then I am the enemy. YOu can't have a constructive discussion. YOu just want to jump on people, sometimes for things you say they said, which they never said. UNREAL. I'm sick. I came on here talking about simple economics and it turns into a cat fight to ANYONE who speaks their mind against your thoughts.
Message 56 of 70
latest reply

You cut/paste and attack. JUST SAY "I"M SORRY".

KEEP IT SIMPLE without a huge excuse.

If you read and actually comprehended what you were doing, you wouldn't have made that mistake. I do not cut and paste, I re-write what people say and then answer. I would like you see the other person apologize OFFICIALLY AS well, because you are right, it's a LOW statement. One of the LOWEST EVER! But I didn't attack the person like you did. instead, I GET ATTACKED!!!!?????? This is why I suggest you don't read stuff before you post. It's pretty obvious, no matter how hard you try to explain it. Sorry.

See, I could say it, but you can't even say sorry.
Message 57 of 70
latest reply

I didn't make a mistake.  I am however sorry that I got you so upset.  

Message 58 of 70
latest reply

Hello everyone,

This thread is getting a bit heated.  Please remember that it’s fine to disagree with others, but discussion should always remain courteous and respectful.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Message 59 of 70
latest reply

"Someone needs to take a class in economics."

That's what I wanted so I took a class in grade school as an elective and they taught me how to bake cookies.

cookie

Home economics. I was just a little boy; all the other boys in school laughed at me and called me names. All the girls in class loved me.

Never had so many girls wanting to kiss me.

Even today.

Best class I ever took (by mistake)! 

-------------
Posting ID
Message 60 of 70
latest reply