cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insertion fees promo.... credit for month of may

Okay this accounts billing cycle ends in the middle of the month on May the 15th...

I received my my ebay invoice,and am being charged 30 cent insertion fees...

I received the promo,that ebay sent out at the beginning of the month,then sent out an email stating the promo was NOT set up correctly, and they would credit 50 insertion fees for the month of May...

Ebay is NOT giving me  credit for those insertion fees,anyone else not getting the insertion fee credits for the promo ebay messed up?

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: Insertion fees promo.... credit for month of may

BUMP...

nobody else has had this problem?

Message 2 of 19
latest reply

I think eBay should up the amount of listings one is allowed. As it is I post only the 50 allowed and when a promo is active. If they upped the number they would make a lot more steady money from me because I would list more each month. Even if I do a store the listings are only free for auctions. That's messed up, a store should be BIN.

Message 3 of 19
latest reply

@jaw1296 

The basic store is 250 fixed price and 250 auction format (in certain categories).

Joe

Message 4 of 19
latest reply

@gsn13579 I'm thinking because your billing cycle is mid month and they said the credits will show up on your "May invoice" they should be on the next invoice (that we actually GET in June but which is for May sales). Until May is over (listings are per calendar month) they won't know how many you paid for which need to be credited (up to 50).

Does that make sense?

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 5 of 19
latest reply

@ymeagainlord

I understand what you are saying,but really makes no sense,but this is ebay...

Seems to me it would take more accounting to wait until the end of the month to see how many I used rather than give me credit for the 11 I used up until the 15th,then give me credit on the next invoice up the 39 that I used from the 15th until the 31st...

As it is I am paying ebay $3.30 for this billing cycle,and they supposedly are going to credit up $15.00 dollars on the June invoice?

I give ebay about a 1 % chance of getting this right,without having to spend 3 hours on the phone with customer service,and still probably NOT getting it resolved...

Message 6 of 19
latest reply

eBay, like a LOT of large corporates (cable etc) require you to pay up THEN get the credit - just the way it is unfortunately.

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 7 of 19
latest reply

yes.i got same message from them but never seen any fee credits on my invoice..i still paid as if no credits were ever offered..but i didnt get mine either
Message 8 of 19
latest reply

I have the same problem, mid month Invoice, eBay email states credit on MAY Invoice, Well after adding 30 Items for this offer, I have received 60 cents credit on my Invoice. Dam shame, but expected from eBay, they can't get anything right. Good Luck to you.

Message 9 of 19
latest reply

Since the credits are going to be applied until 5/31/17, just keep track of how many you buy then call eBay and make sure they credit all of them back if they sent you the email promising to credit 50 listings for the month of May, in other words call them if the credits are not applied to your next invoice.

Message 10 of 19
latest reply

This is a typical Ebay screw up and the reason I don't even open up most promos because I NEVER believe what they say. I'd be on the phone to accounts (ask for a person from that dept and do not stop at the typical Filipinio reps who know nothing). Good luck!!

Message 11 of 19
latest reply

With all due respect, I'm not calling anybody, with caller ID eBay would then know my new phone number, which I had to change after repeated calls from them to open a store, which I would never do again. eBay sent me an offer, I accepted it, Then get 60 cents credit for 30 new listings which cost me $9. I don't believe a dam word eBay says, Verbal or Print. Their history of Lies speak for themselves. Good Luck to you.

Message 12 of 19
latest reply

After selling for 15 yrs I completely understand. Must share a funny. I have 2 Ebay stores and they still call me to open another one or increase to the most expensive. Crazy. Lucky me I have a phone where the number shows up on my phone and television. I sometimes answer just to tell them how I never will believe them.
They love the printed lies as they sort of sneak the goodies into the body of the message and also know that most don't even read them.
Message 13 of 19
latest reply

So were those $9 worth of listings actually listed within the billing cycle (up to the 15th May)?

If any were done after May 15th the credit should be on the next invoice in June (which will include May 15th-31st)

Crusader Cat is watching

Message 14 of 19
latest reply

Since the credit was for listings up to 50 created before 5/31/17 - I assumed that meant that the credits would be issued at one time after 5/31/17 - I never expected them to be issued piecemeal.   Bu that's just me. 

Message 15 of 19
latest reply