cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Im new to shipping and i accidentally created 2 shiping labels and voided them both, can i use one?

I recently got an order and accidentally created 2 and voided 2. I printed the first one out but not the second one. Can i still use the first one and what happens to the money from the second one?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Im new to shipping and i accidentally created 2 shiping labels and voided them both, can i use one?

I would go ahead and use one of the labels.  The APV system will catch it and USPS will just decline your void request. I have never heard of any penalty associated with using a voided label.

The main reason that it takes 2 - 3 weeks to get a credit for a voided label is that USPS wants to be sure that you really didn't use the label, before they'll authorize the refund. Apparently  the use of voided labels, either accidentally or not, is common enough to necessitate this policy. 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 5 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

If you voided both labels you should create a third label to use.   You will see a credit for two voided labels in about 21 days.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

@prettymuchth93 

No.  You need to create another label. USPS will notice the void when they scan and will not ship.  

Happy Selling

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

One more thing, i printed out the first label but voided it on accident. Will the post office still accept it?

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I would go ahead and use one of the labels.  The APV system will catch it and USPS will just decline your void request. I have never heard of any penalty associated with using a voided label.

The main reason that it takes 2 - 3 weeks to get a credit for a voided label is that USPS wants to be sure that you really didn't use the label, before they'll authorize the refund. Apparently  the use of voided labels, either accidentally or not, is common enough to necessitate this policy. 

Message 5 of 5
latest reply