cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Im a Seller and was scammed on Ebay, when will sellers get a chance????

I sold a $1000 Gaming Laptop and long story short I got scammed !! After talking to Ebay customer service 4 different times and them telling me each time I would be given the chance to upload documents showing it was signed for and delivered, even though buyer said it wasn't.   I WAS NEVER GIVEN THAT CHANCE So they got my Laptop and all my money. The post office in Miami, Fl is also doing an investigation on the address cause they have had a lot of scams from this address which is actually a empty warehouse. As a customer of Ebay for over 7 years I feel lied too, let down, and taken for advantage. SELLERS NEED BACKUP AND SUPPORT TOO !!!!!!!!!!!

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

was it a chargeback?

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

@levspawnshop6 wrote:

I sold a $1000 Gaming Laptop and long story short I got scammed !! After talking to Ebay customer service 4 different times and them telling me each time I would be given the chance to upload documents showing it was signed for and delivered, even though buyer said it wasn't.   I WAS NEVER GIVEN THAT CHANCE So they got my Laptop and all my money. The post office in Miami, Fl is also doing an investigation on the address cause they have had a lot of scams from this address which is actually a empty warehouse. As a customer of Ebay for over 7 years I feel lied too, let down, and taken for advantage. SELLERS NEED BACKUP AND SUPPORT TOO !!!!!!!!!!!

We need a lot more information:

What kind of dispute was opened by the buyer?

Did you have tracking showing it was delivered and signed for?

Did you ship to the exact address that was provided by eBay on the payment?

Did you respond to the case and add that tracking to the case in a timely manner?

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Good questions.  How many of us think the OP will return and actually answer them?  

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Once again for the umpteenth time, the #1 rule for selling online is to NEVER, EVER  sell anywhere online, and especially ship, any item that you and your business model are not prepared to lose -- in addition to your payment for it on a heartbreaking forced refund or credit card chargeback that is out of your control and nearly an automatic loss. This is especially true for highly-scammed electronic items like phones and your $1000 gaming laptop.

Also, NEVER, EVER  totally trust the word of eBay CS reps on the phone. They are very likely not real eBay employees, but often offshore contractors that will tell you anything just to get you off the phone. Instead, contact real eBay employees at eBay For Business on Facebook or the equivalent on Twitter. The links are plastered all over this forum. And while you look for the links, take the time to read down a few hundred posts here about the scams affecting sellers like you, who are allowing high-end phones, electronics, laptops, and other items to get out of their control and basically given to scammers and other opportunist thieves.

Cheers, Duffy 

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@levspawnshop6 

Did the buyer open a Item Not Received case with EBay? If so, you needed to enter the tracking number that shows delivered into the case within the allotted timeframe and you win.

If it was a freight forwarder and it showed Delivered to Agent for Final Delivery, let us know because those can be appealed.

Or was this a credit card chargeback from a bank or a PayPal case? 

Need some more info if you want help.

Posting ID
Message 6 of 6
latest reply