cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If you claim something dossnt work you should

Return it. Get your money back.

Not just leave negative feedback and never respond to messages after leaving negative feedback. 

I get it, buyers arent obligated to do anything. Yeah yeah. 

Not many people can make this buyer happy. 

1000007647.jpg

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: If you claim something dossnt work you should

It appears that on this transaction you had a No Return policy on the listing.  So your buyer may have thought they could not return the item.

When you respond to a feedback, it is important to keep in mind that everyone else can see it too.  You are not writing it like a note to the buyer.  A professional and factual post if you feel compelled to leave a comment as you can do far more damage than the negative feedback by saying the wrong thing.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Uh I don't know what you are reading but it's not me. 

The listing was trs+ so not sure how it has no return policy. 

Nor understand the part about my reply. 

1000007648.jpg

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

My Bad.  I made a mistake.  When I click on the listing number that appears in the Feedback, I forgot that Ebay will sometimes take you to a different but similar listing, you have to click on See Original Listing to get to your actual listings.  My fault entirely.  Sorry.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

I had to check because you scared me. 

Not actually a fan of that because it could cause confusion for a buyer checking feedback.

Make me seem like a liar if you don't realize ebay changed the seller because that listing ended and pairs the viewer with a different seller with a similar item.

Not a fan eBay.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

@dqdistribution For what it's worth your reply to that negative is one of the best that I've seen in a long while. While that negative may hurt at the very least when other prospective buyers check your feedback and see that negative they will also see that A ) your professional and B) you provide returns, and c) that should something not go as planned that you are available to communicate. That'll go a country mile with your future prospective buyers.

"Hey there! I understand you're not thrilled with your purchase, and I want to help! You have 60 days for a FREE return – just open a return in your eBay purchases tab. We'll send a free label & issue a refund within 2 days once the item is received! We also have other options if you'd prefer to keep it. Check your eBay messages for details! If you have any questions, we're happy to help!"

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Thank you, you pretty much mentioned everything I was trying to cover.

It sounds a bit sterilized or should I say canned. I might need to work on personalizing.

Honestly don't really want to debate with them or argue that it was tested and working.

They aren't happy and all I can really do is provide a return.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

You're welcome. IMO Your response doesn't feel canned. It feels genuine for me. In fact Im stealing it for future use, should I need it. 

I cringe everytime I see a seller come to these boards with a similar situation and you look at their response and it's something like.............

" YOUR THE WORST BUYER EVER ON EBAY. I HOPE THAT YOU ENJOY YOUR FREE SCAMMED ITEM THAT RIPPED OFF OF ME! I SAID RETU4NS MEANS NO RETURNS YOU IDIOT!"

Who in their right mind wants to deal with that person. And often times it's totally lost on them that they just took a S¿♧+ on their own selling account, in a very public way for all to see from then on, until they close their account. And if it's the later it'll probably be from the lack of future sales. 

So once again your response was a breath of fresh air and very professional. I wouldn't think give a two seconds thought about making a purchase from you after reading that. In fact I'd probably feel more secure as a buyer about making a purchase from after having read your response. So kudos to you.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Your buyer felt obligated to use the word "doesn't" three times in a drunken rant! Wow - not sure if we could have responded so professionally. Thanks for sharing

Message 9 of 9
latest reply